Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a day from hell and also a day for the record books.

So the first “Are you kidding me moment” happened this morning. I’m trading (well I was) in my truck for a new rig. In this case, a new ‘21 Silverado base model. All paperwork was final and done so the dealership manager had and the maintenance shop guy take it and have it washed before we took final ownership. We had a couple good squalls roll through last night and this morning so it was covered in dust and water spots which stand out on a white truck. On the way to the car wash the shop guy was making a left hand turn when some Jack wagon from Utah coming off the freeway too fast ran the red light and hit him. Needless to say this truck isn’t going home with me or anyone now. The Utah driver also trashed his suburban and layed his toy hauler on its side in the process. No one was injured but the dealerships gonna have fun with this. The truck only had 21 miles on it after I’d test drove it. Dealership manager said give him a few days to track down a replacement truck and then we can start paperwork all over again.

The second “Are you kidding me” happened this afternoon when I got my new reloading bench (ordered from Lowe’s) delivered from FedEx. The box was mangled and had been re taped at least 3 separate times by the looks of the different type of tapes. It only took 11 days for it to go from Florida to Dallas to Las Vegas to Las Angela’s to Denver to North Salt Lake City to Rock Springs AND finally to me in Rawlins.The box weighed 113# and the driver could hardly move it. I carried it into the house myself and down 2 sets of stairs. As I opened the box I could already see some stuff was damaged and the parts box with all the screws and such was torn open and I could see pieces scattered around. It was at this time the strong smell of a certain herb began to fill the room. I called my wife to come downstairs and as she come down the stairs towards the room I was in she asked why it smelled like weed. I immediately started pulling parts out and setting them aside looking for anything illegal. I didn’t find anything illegal but I did fine some duct tape and a cloth rag in the box along with mounting hardware for a generator (according to the directions) and the directions to a 12 drawer tool chest. Clearly stuff that’s not part of my workbench. I called the local PD and explained my situation and asked for a K9 to come to the house. A local officer I know well showed up and he too said it smelled like weed. They called for the K9. When he arrived the dog sat and indicated at least 6’ away from the box and contents. The dog hit again all over the box and contents. We separated everything and found no narcotics. They agreed something must have been transported in it and an investigation will be started. I gave them copies of the Lowe’s online order form, online FedEx transport manifest and pictures before I’d opened it. We had a local narco agent stop by and he took all the packaging and box materials. I was given a case number and told I was OK to keep the work bench as it was metal and had been inspected.
Highly angry I called Lowe’s corporate and spoke to a senior rep from customer service. I provided them with the case number and photos of the box and damaged items. Fortunately I had no missing parts and the metal panels that were bent I could straighten them out.
I also called FedEx corporates customer service and after telling the manager my story I was placed on hold. After 1.5 hours of being on hold I hung up and called back. I was yet again placed on hold and hung up after 20 min.
It’s been a hell of a day for sure.
My son and I put the workbench together without any issues. I’ve sprayed it and wiped it down with Lysol to get rid of the smell. Should be interesting to see how this investigation goes and what comes of it, if anything.
The things they all agreed on is why did it ship from FL and not a closer warehouse hub and why did it go to so many different places and so far away from here. Some of which were half way across the country in the wrong direction.

If it wasn’t for bad luck I wouldn’t have any luck. I guess I shouldn’t skin rabbits feet with a broken mirror under a ladder anymore.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What would have been my new truck and the before & after of my workbench.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy Cow!!! Your luck runs like mine! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

That’s a good looking work bench! (y)
Sometimes I fear being out in a thunderstorm as I may be struck down.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bullbuster, it's very likely that your shipment from Lowe's was via the USPS using FedEx SmartPost service. When you select FedEx's slowest delivery, it usually moves through the USPS network which will have your package go through numerous states. I had one that hit 6 different states recently. Glad your bench is okay!

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Dang that was a rough day! The bench looks like it will work for reloading. You’ll appreciate the lights.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You share some of my luck. You know we could be walking outside into a downpour of vaginas and get hit in the head with a pecker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I never play the lotto as I’m afraid I’ll find out one day I won but that I owe them $10 million.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man, you think your day is bad...

...I hid five pounds of weed in a Kobalt workbench for delivery to Las Vegas, and it never got there...
Well I’ll be sure to show this to the local NARCO agent and pass your address along to him as well. Oh and I still have many connections within the ODOC so I’ll put in a good word that you’re treated well.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well I’ll be sure to show this to the local NARCO agent and pass your address along to him as well. Oh and I still have many connections within the ODOC so I’ll put in a good word that you’re treated well.
Just make sure you do what you can to get the fed bois out here on the first group. No point in making myself famous over local fodder.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, today was my “are you kidding me” kinda day. My daughter tested positive for covid, and I had a cow get down in the bottom of a creek. My daughter is pissed at my wife and I like we gave her the roni, but we suspect she got exposed at church camp a couple weeks ago. I was able to get the cow out of the creek with my tractor without killing her, but I can’t figure out what’s wrong with her. I wormed her and gave her a tube of Probios, and she’s eaten two buckets of feed. I hauled her water and added electrolytes, and that’s about all I know to do. There doesn’t appear to be anything “physically” wrong with her. She’s over 10 but in good shape, and she‘s raising a jam up good heifer calf. The calf’s bellering is how I figured out there was a problem.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The second new ride came in and now sits in my driveway. I’m actually glad it happened now. This truck is also a ‘21 Silverado with only 3 more miles than the other one had on it (21 total) and is white as well. BUT this one has those custom heavy duty floor mats that are form fitted to cover the entire front and back seats, a spray in Rhino liner, heavy dirty stall mat type of drop in form fitted bed mat, a 3-way Tonneau bed cover and 2 adjustable/ removable bed divider rails. The other truck had non of this stuff. Sometimes bad things happen for a good reason I guess.

Oh and I’m well on my way to getting my reloading bench/ room set up.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
The second new ride came in and now sits in my driveway. I’m actually glad it happened now. This truck is also a ‘21 Silverado with only 3 more miles than the other one had on it (21 total) and is white as well. BUT this one has those custom heavy duty floor mats that are form fitted to cover the entire front and back seats, a spray in Rhino liner, heavy dirty stall mat type of drop in form fitted bed mat, a 3-way Tonneau bed cover and 2 adjustable/ removable bed divider rails. The other truck had non of this stuff. Sometimes bad things happen for a good reason I guess.

Oh and I’m well on my way to getting my reloading bench/ room set up.
View attachment 6665 View attachment 6666 View attachment 6667
Good looking ride! You’ll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Well, today was my “are you kidding me” kinda day. My daughter tested positive for covid, and I had a cow get down in the bottom of a creek. My daughter is pissed at my wife and I like we gave her the roni, but we suspect she got exposed at church camp a couple weeks ago. I was able to get the cow out of the creek with my tractor without killing her, but I can’t figure out what’s wrong with her. I wormed her and gave her a tube of Probios, and she’s eaten two buckets of feed. I hauled her water and added electrolytes, and that’s about all I know to do. There doesn’t appear to be anything “physically” wrong with her. She’s over 10 but in good shape, and she‘s raising a jam up good heifer calf. The calf’s bellering is how I figured out there was a problem.
Probably exhausted from the extraction. Hope she gets better. Bottle feeding a calf sux.

Reactions: retrieverman

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good looking ride! You’ll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im a born and raised Ford guy so this almost feels like I’m cheering. Maybe some critter blood in the back is what the Doc ordered.

Reactions: retrieverman
1 - 20 of 52 Posts