Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's everyone doing today.
I've been snooping around the boards for awhile and figured is was about time I introduced myself. I live in Walters and work in Lawton. I have noticed quite of few from my area on the message boards. I visit the site everyday and love it. I hope to hear from other members soon.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Man we're gonna have to keep an eye on y'all southwesters.

Welcome to the boards and don't be a stranger!

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Welcome again to the forum.

Glad to see ya posting. Be sure to post pic's from your family dove shoot and any other pic for that matter.

So besides dove what else do ya chase after?

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Welcome to the board! ;D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Glad to see ya posting. Be sure to post pic's from your family dove shoot and any other pic for that matter.

Just about anything that can be hunted or caught. I haven't done much waterfowl hunting other than some pond jumping for ducks. Got a buddy that keeps threatening to take me duck hunting but he hasn't came through yet. I'd have to say archery deer season is my favorite, barely beating out spring turkey.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Hello you to here from you again and welcome

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts

Just about anything that can be hunted or caught. I haven't done much waterfowl hunting other than some pond jumping for ducks. Got a buddy that keeps threatening to take me duck hunting but he hasn't came through yet. I'd have to say archery deer season is my favorite, barely beating out spring turkey.
Thats a really great buck in your avatar. Mind telling us the story behind it? We have inquiring minds:D

·
Vendor
511 Posts
Welcome to the hunting party.

Michael

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Well there are lots of ducks in the Lawton area. Got few folks that get a little loco come duck season on the forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thats a really great buck in your avatar. Mind telling us the story behind it? We have inquiring minds:D

I took that buck on the piece of land my dad grew up on that backs up to the norht end of Waurika WMA. My cousin had seen the buck a few times and even took a couple of shots at him. Good thing for me he is a bad shot! He and I were standing on a bluff in the middle of the day discussing where we were going to set up that evening when the buck walks by in front of us about 125 yards away. My cousin got excited and told me to grab my gun and I took him at about 200 yards. He had been chasing that deer for three years and he didn't want him to get away again, so he had me take the shot. It was the first time I had seen the deer. He scored 148".

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts

I took that buck on the piece of land my dad grew up on that backs up to the norht end of Waurika WMA. My cousin had seen the buck a few times and even took a couple of shots at him. Good thing for me he is a bad shot! He and I were standing on a bluff in the middle of the day discussing where we were going to set up that evening when the buck walks by in front of us about 125 yards away. My cousin got excited and told me to grab my gun and I took him at about 200 yards. He had been chasing that deer for three years and he didn't want him to get away again, so he had me take the shot. It was the first time I had seen the deer. He scored 148".
That buck qualifies for the Cy Curtis award.
If you want, get it to a qualified B&C scorer.(Some Okla Game Wardens are scorers).
You get your name on the record book, and they send you a nice book with your buck in it.
Congrats on a really nice buck!

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
The record books. What dreams are made of.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Welcome to OK Hunter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.