Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just joined the forum. I live outside of Crescent. I recognize some of the names here that were on the NAHC Oklahoma forum a couple of years ago. I was Sooner32 on that forum.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Welcome to Oklahoma Hunter!
I haven't been on the NAHC forum in a LONG time. That forum was so slow, that this one was formed because of it.
What do you like to hunt/fish?

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! You are correct some of us were regulars on the NAHC forum before it went down the drain. Gauge and myself were both regulars. I used to post in the CA section more than anything as I was stationed out there.
Glad you could make it and hope u stick around. With dove season about to start it alm off thugs will be picking up around here.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Welcome to the site, I was TRanes on the NAHC site. Hope ya like it here and feel free to chime right in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys are right, the NAHC forum was painfully slow.
As far as what I like to hunt, I love to hunt ducks, also l hunt dove, turkeys, quail. I hunt deer and like it, but I like the waterfowl better.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Well you'll fit right in, we have some die hard duck hunters. Got to watch some of them tho, they'll take you out into inch thick ice to hunt 'em!!!!

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
I only got back into duck hunting last year. The quail and pheasant are really poor right now, so my bird dog and I just go out for exercise mostly.
I'm courious how this spring was for the hatch. It should have been pretty good for the areas that didn't get the widespread hail right at nesting time.
I flushed a couple of hen pheasant while driving the tractor out to the field last night.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
One thing about this year, the birds should have plenty of insects to eat on!!!!!

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
The grasshopper are horrible. With the weather forecast, I'm afraid to put in any food plots. The weather is scheduled to stay hot, and I kid you not, there are 2-3 grasshoppers per square foot of ground. I've never seen it like this.
So for now, keep working ground, and hoping for the best.
I will be planting the food plot for archery this weekend though. Fingers crossed. :-\

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I can't get enough duck huntin'!!!! My wife tells me that I am a real Quack because I talk about it alll the time.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
And what's crazy is each week is a new color of hord of grasshoppers!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Welcome to Oklahoma Hunter.
Need help with anything just ask.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts