Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Administrator
I had a buck drop around this time. He had a horrible wound on his hip so it was easy to know it was him. Had pics of the red spots on his head so it was definitely a shed.
Don鈥檛 know if injuries caused that but suspect that to be the case.
I鈥檝e also seen bucks that had one side of their antlers broken off at their bases.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a buck drop around this time. He had a horrible wound on his hip so it was easy to know it was him. Had pics of the red spots on his head so it was definitely a shed.
Don鈥檛 know if injuries caused that but suspect that to be the case.
I鈥檝e also seen bucks that had one side of their antlers broken off at their bases.
I have another buck a couple miles from this location that鈥檚 missing one set of antlers as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked up 2 matched pair sets last year the day after Christmas but also saw one with both sides last week of march

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I鈥檝e read that testosterone levels are what cause horns to fall off. I guess some bucks T levels drop faster than others lol!!!

Super Moderator
Saw a half rack this morning while I was out and about. Dink little forky but if he鈥檚 dropped others may have. Might be easier to find with all the snow.
Do y鈥檃ll have antler buyers around your place? Each spring we get people from all over the country coming with trailers and they buy sheds. It鈥檚 crazy the amount they pay and how many they buy. Hundreds and hundreds of sheds piled in trucks and trailers. My area sucks in we can鈥檛 shed until May 1st by law.

Registered
Saw a half rack this morning while I was out and about. Dink little forky but if he鈥檚 dropped others may have. Might be easier to find with all the snow.
Do y鈥檃ll have antler buyers around your place? Each spring we get people from all over the country coming with trailers and they buy sheds. It鈥檚 crazy the amount they pay and how many they buy. Hundreds and hundreds of sheds piled in trucks and trailers. My area sucks in we can鈥檛 shed until May 1st by law.
Dog chews? Decoration? Arts and crafts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was reading an article some where in the country once a year they sale antlers for an average $18 per-pound.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts