Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put out both of my cameras and have several does and one buck... but the buck is definitely a shooter. Anybody else have any pictures? This time last year I was covered up with pictures of mosnter bucks.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Just the little does and little buck I posted previously.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
I haven't put cameras out in two years. It's so far to my hunting area, and gas is so high, it takes the incentive away

·
Registered
9 Posts
i dont know what the deal is. our lease is on the north canadian river, last year we were getting tons of pictures of does, lots of small bucks and a handful of nice shooters.

this year, cameras have been out for 3 weeks, no bucks, lots of pictures of a herd of small does, coyotes and *****.

im really wondering if it has anything to do with what the land owner just had done. he let a logging company come in and harvest some of his timber. its a 300 acre lease, and they are only cutting on 1/4 of the property, but im wondering if the machines are making the deer wary.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
I'll bet your right. They may actually be cutting timber in the old bedding areas that the deer used for a sanctuary.

·
Registered
199 Posts
They should come back if the loggers are not harassing them to bad. The southeast part of the state where I grew up I have shot them off fresh logged sites. You never know. Hope they come back in groves.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Fresh cut timber land is a deer magnet with the new browse coming up.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
How much longer will they be logging the property? May be a bit before they start trickling back provided they are done logging.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts