Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out twice...Just a few 15"-17" Largemouth Bass.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I haven't yet..Gotta get this car stuff dealt with and get this suspension lift done and new tires..Once that's done I can actually get out and do a little fishing..Spring break is next week so I am going to do my suspension next week and hopefully get my tires then. I am adding a 2" lift with 20" off-road tires.. After that it's time to do some off-roading..:)

·
Vendor
511 Posts
Dad has limited out 12 out of the last 14 days on trout. Man he has a honey hole. I just wish I could get the time off to go down and fish with him a little bit. He noticed the van at the house this morning and called to see if I wanted to go fishing but I was so sick I was running in and out of the little room of the house at the time.

Michael

·
Administrator
14,051 Posts
I've been fishing here at the discharge at sooner, but only caught one little black bass. Its still early for the striper, and hybrid run.
I am going to the Lower Illinois river this weekend for a little trout, and maybe striper fishing. ;D

·
Vendor
511 Posts
The crappie bite in ponds is starting to pick up.Me and the youngest boy caught around 40 last Sunday.

Sounds like a good day to me

Michael

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like a good day to me also.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went earlier this even'n..nothing. creek is about between 2 & 2 1/2 feet deep. :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is true,ibokie.

·
Registered
918 Posts
went out yesterday evening for an hour and caught three small bass about .75lbs and hung on that broke my line on the hookset was using plastic worms and crawdads my favorite lures

·
Administrator
14,051 Posts
Its time for the crappie and sand bass to really get good. I went out on the upper end of Kaw lake Sunday, with a friend in my canoe. We paddled up the creek to where nobody can get to, and pretty much filled a basket with mostly sandbass, and about 8 crappie. The basket of fish weighed 41 lbs. :eek: We didn't keep anything smaller than a pound.(measured on digital scales.) Monday, I took another guy in the canoe to the same place, and we started getting into the crappie. It slowed down after 6 or 7 were caught, so I flipped my jig across the creek to a log that was laying in the water, and caught a 5.1 lb walleye. We moved the canoe a little closer, and started catching crappie on every cast, with the biggest weighing in at 2 lb even. :eek: About 4pm they just quit, so we went home. The basket weighed 35 lbs.

90% of what we caught were males. They come up the creeks first to start the nests. The females will start making their run any time now. I'm hoping we get a little rain this week. Some runoff will really get them moving up. ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Them some fish baskets their Dennis.
Do they come with hushpuppys & fry's? ;D

I wish the creek here down below the house was kicking out the sandies.

·
Administrator
14,051 Posts
It was the best two days I've ever had in about 30 years. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bet.
Last spring & summer,We had them in Med.Creek so thick.
I caught between 50-100 a night for a week strait.
I still got 1 gallon baggys full of fillets.

·
Administrator
14,051 Posts
It took me two evenings, but I take the fillets, bread them, then put them on cookie sheets thats been sprayed with some no stick spray. The wife and I will get the vacuum machine out tonight, and start bagging them up. Makes for a quick supper when already prepared. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UM Good Dennis.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I'll be bringin the fishin pole with me Gauge, see if we can't get into some slabs.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I think I am gonna bring a pole as well.. I gotta go get me some tackle..I use to have a whole lot of nice tackle before I got married.. Left the boxes at the parents house and found out they gave em away./..grrrrrr So I must start all over on tackle..

·
Administrator
14,051 Posts
Gave it away :eek: :eek:
That would be a capitol offense around my house ::) ::) ;D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts