Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....Ready for spring and turkey season??? Just pickup some more turkey decoys at a lil junk shop. Got 4 soft fold ups for $8.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Not a bad deal at all. I few years ago I got 2 hens and a jake on e-bay shipped to my door for like $15. They stink but they are better than nothing.

I'm ready to go. I'd like to take one with something other than my truck.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Still have about a month of upland hunting, but so far its been a total bust. just 2quail 0 pheasant....bad year with the spring floods, but I'm still getting out with gunner. He has to earn his feed somehow, and I guess its good exercise for me. Got a few more places to try. One has a real smart covey on it that always flies toward a road, so I can't shoot, but maybe its time to change the tactics and come in from the road side.(out of my truck of course) ;D Its just a narrow creek no more that 25 yds wide that runs right alongside the road. Flush em and see where they fly to, and try that. ???

·
Registered
840 Posts
Getting there...! Still enjoying waterfowl season though. The mallards finally came in to my ponds after they thawed and shot 3 large drakes.

I have 4 inflatable hens and an inflatable jake, made by Cherokee Sports. Proven deadly last two years.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Life may have just changed for the better ;D
Bird hunting life that is ;D
I just got an invite to go with a couple of guys to NW Kansas for a quail and pheasant hunt on some of the walk-in areas, and from what we were told, by a group that went out there, they limited out 3 days in a row on pheasant, and saw lots of quail in the snow but never shot any as they were only out for pheasant. Unless something changes, we will be leaving thurs after work, and coming back Sunday. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Cool deal ,Dennis.
All the best to ya on your hunt.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I'm ready just as soon as Canada Goose season closes.

Long wait till April 6th.Guess it will be filled in with fishing time. ;D

{Bird}~ I might have us a guided turkey hunt this season,Will know sometime in March.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
{Bird}~ I might have us a guided turkey hunt this season,
I thought you killed them with your death ray vision? Thats the story I'm hearing ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Dennis:
If you got offered a free all guided turkey hunt for two.
You would jump on it? Wouldn't ya?

Sometimes they can't stand me looking @ them and fall over dead. ::) ;D

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:D ;D :D ;D :eek: :D ;D :D ;D Ah gotta love a good good huntin' 'sperience!!

Heck yeah, I'd be up for a guided turkel hunt. Maybe I could impress the guide with my bow shootin' skillz!! :p

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
No bow... ::) Your only allowed your Scatter gun from now on Bird buddy. ;D

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Dennis:
If you got offered a free all guided turkey hunt for two.
You would jump on it? Wouldn't ya?

Sometimes they can't stand me looking @ them and fall over dead. ::) ;D
thats kinda what happened to me in high school when the girls looked at me. They would fall over dead of fright, but then again thats another thread ::) ::)

Heck ya, I'd jump all over it. Got plenty of turkey around here but then lately, I'm sure getting into traveling to different areas to see new country, and different tactics. When you have been beating the same ground for a cazillion years, it never gets boring, but sometimes the "challenge of the hunt" gets lost.

We changed our minds on the Ks deal and will leave at 4am instead of tonight. Didn't make sense to get there around midnight. Get a coffee fix in the am and hit the road. ;D

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wish ya all he luck Dennis, hope you bag a bunch of 'em.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Same here, All the best to ya on the Pheasants: Dennis.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have been looking forward to turkey season since taking my hunter safety course last September. Turkey season is honestly the biggest reason for me finally getting my license because I've always been more interested in it than any other season.

I'm looking forward to getting a little warmer weather and harvesting a turkey or two. Then again, I might strikeout in my first year of trying. Either way, I look forward to at least getting out in the woods on a nice spring morning.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AAaaaaaggggghhhhh, I want winter to go away and spring turkey season to get here!!!!!!!!!!! I like the runnin and gunnin of turkey hunting and who know what else might crop up like a piggie or two. Plus you get to shoot the bull with a buddy better than when deer hunting seems like. Plus, that time of year, I'm so danged glad winter is over.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts