Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quail hunting this weekend? I might run up for a one day hunt, but probably not gonna get to take off for a few days till mid Dec.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Welcome aboard CCBIRDDOGMAN..I live around Prague and there are not many birds where I hunt.I have not seen very many birds in about 4 years.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
I'd love to get after them if I wasn't working. Used to chase them all the time when I was back in California.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i hope to make it to pack saddle on sat if it dont rain to bad.
my 10 mo old gsp getes cold very ezay and it will be her first time out

·
Registered
39 Posts
At this point, any rain will help. Otherwise it will be tough to find birds around packsaddle. It is DDRRRRRRYYYYYY around there. On top of that, it will help keep the dust down with all the oil field traffic on the place right now. 3 active drilling rigs going there at the moment.

·
Registered
75 Posts
At this point, any rain will help. Otherwise it will be tough to find birds around packsaddle. It is DDRRRRRRYYYYYY around there. On top of that, it will help keep the dust down with all the oil field traffic on the place right now. 3 active drilling rigs going there at the moment.
well we got a lot of rain here today........i did not know about the drilling rigs there, i am getting damn tried of them around here in geary,ok

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not a drop in this area. Foggy all day though............................

Edited friday morning................ Rained all night. Lots of water around now. About 2 inches over night and still raining

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
We had about 1 1/4 in PC. Don't know about my bird area though.
I don't think I'll make it this weekend as all of my hunting areas are reserved for deer until after gun season at least and maybe more.
I have been getting Gunner out for some early season training though. He spotted this covey of quail in some grass, last weekend. I tried my best to get a shot of the flush with the dog in the pic, but as usual, when they flushed, I flinched, and didn't trigger the camera soon enough.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Nice pics ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts