Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I went out today on the ATV's, riding 13 miles through the woods, and creek bottoms. Found a few, with a couple of nice ones. That biggest one in the pic would have been a mainframe 12 point if the other side matched.

·
Registered
720 Posts
We walked about 2 miles Sat. and found 1 horn. It was a small horn with 4 points.Heard some turkeys gobbling.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
I've only found 2 sheds in my like. 1 small forked horn from a Columbia Blacktail I found while deer hunting in California and the other was a small 3pt from a Sitka Blacktail I found in Alaska while out walking and looking for bear.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Bet you'd like to see some of those antlers attached to the buck next fall eh Dennis?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I would like to get out and find some sheds, but the only sheds I've ever found were by pure accident (never looked for sheds before).

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went out again yesterday and only found two sheds and a full skull of a buck. I'll take some pics later, and get them posted.
Its pretty fun to do and you get in some pre scouting for turkey.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Anyone know how to post pics on this website if using an iPhone? I've got a set of sheds I found, but I don't know if I can put it on here from my phone.

·
Registered
840 Posts
If you use photobucket, they have an iPhone app. I use it all the time and it works great!

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone know how to post pics on this website if using an iPhone? I've got a set of sheds I found, but I don't know if I can put it on here from my phone.
What OKherp said. get the free photobucket app, and start posting pics! If you have any difficulty, let us know. We will talk you through it.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What OKherp said. get the free photobucket app, and start posting pics! If you have any difficulty, let us know. We will talk you through it.
You will have to register at photobucket.com if you haven't already done that.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, we rode 8 miles yesterday, and found these. The second pic is our two day total.
While out yesterday, we came across these two hens. I don't think they had ever seen a human before, as they would just sit there while we rode within 10 feet of them. Finally decided to take some pics.
We left them right there, and rode on.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ok, got the photobucket. And got pics on there. Now, how do I get them on here? Wow..can't believe how long it's been since I posted pics. Haha. I've been outta the game a while.

·
Registered
840 Posts
On your iPhone app, if you select the pic, then tap the "i" icon on the lower right, a menu of sorts will pop up. Simply tap the IMG url and it will copy automatically. Then paste it in a post.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Same set in both pics. The one where my nephew is holding them really shows them better. Found the first, and then the second only about 75 yards away. Put the tape to them, and just throwing in a 20 inch spread since there's no way to really know, they tape 164 1/8 gross. Not a bad set to find, and a little motivation for the ol HOYT this fall

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finding some that size would sure get your blood boiling for deer season! ;D
We kept hoping to find a set, but only singles.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Nice pic's y'all

·
Registered
63 Posts
Went around my wheat feilds last night, found three fresh ones and one little spike from last year. I hope I don't find any in tractor tires when we make hay.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Same here. A tractor tire doesn't hold a chance against an antler.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts