Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the promag round limiters that fit in the 20rd mags that make them only hold 5 round legal under the Oklahoma regulations? Or do I have to have a 5 round only special mag?

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
I have one and have never been questioned. In my opinion it is no different than plugging a shotgun for migratory birds. It physically limits the magazine capacity, so it should be good to go.
By the way, okla. allows 7 in the magazine for .223. If you have an AK, or a upper in a bigger caliber, you can legally run 100 round drum mags.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have a 10-rd mag for my .30-06 (Rem 742). I know it's legal, but I always just use the 4-rd. I've tried shooting with the 10-rd, but it jams for some reason. Plus it looks a little goofy!

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
More than likely a mag tuning issue using the 10 round. compare the feed lips on the good mag vs the 10 rounder to see if they are the same distance apart. Might just need to bend it slightly.
Does the 10 rounder make it nose dive into feed ramp, or does it jam with the round too high?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'll have to double check that and get back with you. It's been a number of years since I shot with it, but if I remember right it was nose diving.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
If its nose diving, the mag may have been dropped on the feed lips. I'm pretty much ruling out gun, as it works fine with the other mag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts