Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,832 Posts
Oh yeah, I gave it a good college try. That part of the lake has become kinda difficult to hunt. So many homeowners run feeders all year, the deer just sleep underneath them all day and don't really go back to the "woods" until it gets too cold for them to go out and refill the feeders or rut kicks in and does run for cover.

There's plenty of season left and the best parts should be ramping up the next few weeks. Nothing to be discouraged about.
You got your eye on any other public land hunts?

· Registered
2,832 Posts
Oh yeah. My weekend plan fell through to go visit the folks, so I'll likely go to my regular public spot this weekend. Need to look at the weather/wind to figure out the details. I'll be pounding the public pretty hard the rest of the year, got a buck and some pigs picked out I'd love to slip an arrow through. I'm trying to wrap my head around Lexington WMA, would like to try some hunts out there later in Dec-Jan when the pressure, hopefully, drops off a bit. Never been there though.

My old hunting buddy extended an invite to hunt on his property. He's acquired some of his neighbor's property so he's got a pretty nice spread out there now, 400+/- acres. I'm still just a bit uncertain about rekindling that friendship after the stuff that happened a couple years ago. I won't go into details, but he was having some major emotional/behavioral issues after years of substance abuse and I didn't feel safe around him anymore.
If you didn’t feel safe or that this guy could be threat it’s not worth it at all. Listen to your gut

1 - 10 of 10 Posts