Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sure appreciate all the help. I was able to take two shots at two times. First one I pulled and second one I rushed it way too much.

Had an awesome time and was so thankful to see some deer and even have the chance to shoot one.

Things I learned. Deer make way more noises than I knew. I blew the same deer twice going in at dark and it scarred me to death. Like a banshee. Kept yelling at me, my first experience with that was funny but at the time my heart was racing.

Wind sure makes a difference in the amount of sightings. I spent most of it on the wrong side of it.

I got way more nervous than I thought I would when I drew my bow back, and it happened way faster than I thought it would (this my rushed second attempt).

Shooting a bow with a jacket, quiver on and backpack changes POI a lot

Lost an arrow but then found it today!

Met some awesome people on here and out in the zones in my area. Good times all around!

I’m disappointed but also encouraged. I’ll see if any hunts are still around in the future. I want to keep learning and try to harvest some meat!

Good luck to future hunts and again thanks for helping this new guy out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
@Archer22 are you running cellular cameras or regular cams in Arcadia? If cell I was curious if you had noticed any difference in ATT or Verizon? I’m thinking about adding cams for next year
I just ran regular cameras. Set them up on the first day of the hunt and would check them daily. I've got a card reader I keep in my pack. I'm too cheap for cell cams.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts