Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well made it out to the stand at 430 had a doe come in down wind at 5. She stopped broadside at 18yds and I put the smack on her. Using my Alphaburner and Axis tipped with the 2bl Blood Runner. Watched her run off past a cedar tree and climbed down shot was excellent. I got down found the fob but no arrow thinking no pass through since I only found 3 specks of blood. Climbed back in the tree to try and double up got down at 630 to give myself plenty or tracking light. Walked over to the cedar still no blood just took off up a trail and there she was 20 yds away in all she only ran maybe 80yds. The shot looks high in the pic but it came out the lower 1/4 of her body. Not really impressed with the lack of blood trail or the wounds. But the head did its job and I got my deer so cant complain there.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I wish I could make it out. Fill a tag or two and keep the pic coming.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Nice doe Mason!
I've shot a couple that didn't leave much blood trail. Seems they bled out internally, but dead is dead.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Nice!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Congrates on doe buddy.
That was close to a spine shot.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks higher than it is in the pics. It entered in the top of the lungs I am headed to KS fri for a couple work days hopefully I can sneak off and do some hunting as well

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Nice tasty score Mason, congrads all around!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts