Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was checking out the meeting agenda for the OKC G&F commission. They have a meeting tomorrow at 1330 at the Will Rogers Exhibition Center. On the agenda is a recommendation for controlled hunts archery deer hunts at lake Stanley Draper and Stinchcomb Wildlife Refuge. They will have public comments on the topic. I'm going to change my schedule up for tomorrow and try and make it for some PRO comments for it. If your in the area and can make it please do so.Here is the link to the agenda with address to location.
http://www.okc.gov/AgendaPub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=1520&doctype=AGENDA

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Re: Archery hunting with OKC area

I know they already have draw hunts at Arcadia, so Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turned out to be the first of several meetings to discuss the idea. I already knew thay had finished a 5 year deer study at Draper and found that there is way too many deer. Likely won't be talked about again till after the first of the year. Crossing my fingers for a new place to archery hunt next fall.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same with Draper. They had and 18 pointer if I recall correctly a couple years back shot by a local PD officer at the lake. From what the PD officer that told me this it was shot at night.
2 years ago while duck hunting at Draper with my kids we watched a buck chasing 2 doe. He wouldn't let them away from the water so they jumped in and swam across the cove to the other side to get away from him. Boy was he mad about that.
Gonna be interesting to see how they set it up and do the lotto draw for it. I'll keep tabs and post as I see it on the agenda as I'm still pushing for a duck hunt at Draper this year.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Keep me informed I will shoot you a pm with my #. I will go and speak at the meetings as well. Although if Alan Peoples is there he will write me off LOL! I am pretty good friends with him.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The link to the agenda from that meeting has all the board members name listed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts