·
Administrator
15,628 Posts
Very nice! Your good to go it appears.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well let me get a couple weeks practice under the belt and see how the shoulders stand up. I am going to 10 arrows at 10 yards, 10 arrow at 20 yards and 10 at 29 yards twice a day to start and build-up my strength and skill. If I can build to 60 pounds draw I will use this as my tool for unfilled buck tags after rifle season. Making it all the way to 70 pounds would be better, but must work with in my limitations.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
First a correction, that picture in post 20 is a 10 yard group, not 20 yards--I wish.

I shot three 10 arrow group yesterday. After pulling the first 10 arrows my muscles were being challenged. Interestingly enough not in my shoulders, but rather in my neck. Living almost 75 years I have manage to collect my far share of injuries--a couple traffic accidents, resulting in whiplash injuries which lead to degenerative disease in the neck. So besides watching the shoulders, I have to watch. I have a very old friend who has similar old age aches and pains--we both broke our shoulder blade at 70 years, who says "We have been rode hard, put away wet, and had a helluva good time.

But any way...I spread the shooting session out across the day shooting 10 arrows at each position.

Here is 10 yards.

Road surface Asphalt Wood Slope Grass

Hum, little bit of concentration lapse off to the left? :)

This is a real 20 yards.

Window Water Wood Road surface Grass

Needs practice, lots of practice.

Last one 28 yards, The fence is 29 yards, so I have to stand about 3 feet in front to be clear.

Wood Road surface Chair Grass Tints and shades

The first arrow is the real low one shoot using the 30 yard pin. I switched to the 40 yard pin to keep them in the bag.

I am not going to adjust sights yet. I will wait until I see if I can build my strength up and increase draw weight, and then adjust sights,

All in all I am pretty satisfied with the results. I am not overly optimistic about using the bow this year. I do need a lot of practice, but that will be done. When December rolls around we'll see if I have any buck tags left.

Next groups when I increase draw weight.

·
Administrator
15,628 Posts
Good luck this season. Last October I broke my elbow, actually crushed it, and had a plate installed and several screws. Then I broke my leg, so I have been slowly healing. I pulled my bow out the other day and turned it down some, below 60#, and will try it this Sunday if I can. I’m afraid to see how bad I am😳
Man, that sucks. What happened to break those bones? Hope the recovery is going well.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts