Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out to a friends house last night with the wife to check out their new britany pup when he broke out some sausage he had just got. I guess he met up with a guy last year, in the course of his job in sales, and went on a quail hunt in the panhandle. He said that he goes down to one of the big game ranches in Texas each year, and they shoot all the does they want for free as part of the ranches managment program. They just field dress them and take the carcass to a processor down by college station Tx, called Snook Wild game. They make every bit of it into a polish sausage and have it shipped back to them. I had some of the venison jalapeno & cheddar cheese sausage for lunch today, and I've got to tell you that its the best polish type sausage I've ever eaten bar none :eek: Store bought polish is pretty much seasoned fat, but this is extremely lean, and the cheese give it the needed moisture.
I've gotta figure out they made this stuff. :eek:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hey Dennis, don't eat it all...bring some to work next week and I'll help you figure it out.....I've got a pretty good taster....especially for dead deer, peppers, and cheese..

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dennis, how does it compare with what Rowdy had made?...his had peppers and cheese...I thought it was the best I had ever had...We'll talk about it Wednesday...I'm off Monday and I'm planning on being sick Tuesday...See ya Wednesday..

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll bring some to work Wednesday. It has to be cured prior to stuffing it, and I looked at Sausage maker.com and saw where I could buy ingredients, but need to do a little research on how all that stuff is done. I have done brining, but never cured meat, as in a "cured ham" ??? I did find out that there is a cheddar cheese made just for this that has a higher melting temperature than what you buy in the store to put on a venison burger.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
That deer sausage with jalapenos & cheese is great stuff.
Ole boy their @ FT.Cobb makes it...MMM MMM goood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts