Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

Back surgery.

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  LoneWolf918 
#1 ·
Well my fellow outdoorsman. The back bug has bit, and that sob held on!!! Doctor said it’s one of the worse herniated discs he’s seen. Hahaha yay me.. Of course it is.. lmao!!

Computer Personal computer Font Line Computer monitor

See less See more
#4 ·
Man, that looks bad. What procedure are they going to do? I've seen where some lasers are being used now in an outpatient scenario, but it has to be a specific location before they can use them.

Reactions: LoneWolf918
#5 ·
Yes sir! Doctor seem to think so. I’m getting a second opinion from Dr. Steven Anagnost that preforms a more cutting edge procedure called the LES procedure (Less Exposure Surgery). Supposedly an outpatient deal. I think it consists of going through my back and “shaving” that mushroom (disc) literally off and out of my spine. 2 weeks no work and 6 weeks no lifting. Then get ready for deer season lol.

#6 ·
I went through a discectomy of L4/L5 and L5/S1.

Fortunately I was able to do it at a VA hospital!

I could write a book about that experience. My VA liaison doc that did my review of my disability claim prior to my retirement said: "You know that you could have been medically retired 13 years ago."

"Yep"

- Both discs are herniated again.

Best of luck to you in your surgery and recovery. It ain't fun.

Facial expression Muscle Product Sharing Human

#8 ·
Back issues are a terrible thing to endure. When I was a pup and working for a moving and storage company lifting tons of weight every day I dismissed back issues as an escape to get out of work.
As the years progressed, it is a big issue because we didn't learn how to protect our backs. We didn't lift with our legs and did everything wrong that brought the back issues to an older adult issue.
Mine is on L5. The herniated disc comes out at times and puts me on my knees as it presses on the spinal cord.
Previously, it was a non-operable situation. The Doc told me it was too close to the spinal cord and would likely end up in damage to the spinal cord and paralysis.
It's been five or so years since the last event.
Now, they can take a laser, go into the pad and actually shrink it so it will never be an issue again. Out patient thing that has been around for a few years.

#11 ·
Back issues are a terrible thing to endure. When I was a pup and working for a moving and storage company lifting tons of weight every day I dismissed back issues as an escape to get out of work.
As the years progressed, it is a big issue because we didn't learn how to protect our backs. We didn't lift with our legs and did everything wrong that brought the back issues to an older adult issue.
Mine is on L5. The herniated disc comes out at times and puts me on my knees as it presses on the spinal cord.
Previously, it was a non-operable situation. The Doc told me it was too close to the spinal cord and would likely end up in damage to the spinal cord and paralysis.
It's been five or so years since the last event.
Now, they can take a laser, go into the pad and actually shrink it so it will never be an issue again. Out patient thing that has been around for a few years.
Damn brother man! Glad they got something to get that thing fixed if it ever gets bad.

#9 ·
Damn dude that really sucks. I hope the surgery goes well and it’s a speedy recovery for you.
I’ve been seeing a Chiropractor twice a week for the last 3 months. My back is finally getting better and the pinched nerves are not bugging me.

#10 ·
Sorry to hear this! I hope the LES procedure works out for you. It almost sounds to good to be true! I've got notable issues from L3 through S1. I've been going to a pain doc for a few years now, trying everything we possibly can to avoid surgery. I've got a new procedure scheduled for next month, and I'm hoping for some substantial relief.
I hope you get some, too, and with a speedy recovery!

#17 ·
Goo info for those who may use them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.