Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 3 months and nearly 50 job applications later I'm back to work. Kinda shocking considering the review I did on them not so long ago. Anyway I started today as the new employee at Gunworld in OKC. Had a great time today staff is really nice. They have me doing inventory right now which is fine as I can learn where everything is and what all they have. Hours are a bit crazy at 9am-7pm M-S off Sunday. Mostly all new staff and as such the customer service has gone way up. I also like the fact I have a job again that I can carry while at work. Only time I got to do that before was during my military police days. So pop on in sometime and say hi. Still looking for my first gun sale. Sold a holster and a box of ammo so far.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Congratulations!!

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Glad to hear your back in the workforce!

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sold my 1st two guns today and found another I want. I had to play range safety today for a group from Japan. OMG the .38 they was shooting may as well have been a .50 They were so scared and afraid to hold it. I managed to get them through the 100 rounds they purchased. One guy went 0/10 on hitting paper from 15'. He would jump as he pulled the trigger as the report and recoil made him jump.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Welcome to training new shooters.
At the Ponca Range we do some training like Women on Target, etc.
One has to be really patient. The problem with new shooters on a range from the git-go is that they don't have the classroom training we offer before they even touch a gun. When our shooters hit the range, they pretty much know what to expect.
Nothing like the real deal though to see how they react. 99.9% of our shooters react with a big smile! ;D

When I took my POS Concealed training, we had to do the 3 yd, and 7 yd, 50 round thing.
Everybody shot a ragged hole except for the guy on the end that rarely hit the target, and he was a security guard!
I watched him. After the first shot, his eyes fluttered like a butterfly's wing. He missed the target more than he hit it. But, he passed the class, as its about range safety, and not about accuracy. Thats scary.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Congrads on the new job. Glad to hear that some improvements are happening at GW, now how's the prices?

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are high. BUT I also know why they are higher than others and understand it now. I didn't know that allot of gun companies have sub companies make the bulk of their guns and still have the parent company name on it. All the guns we buy are direct from the parent company and are the guns they make. Not the sub companies product. I'll use Glock as an example. They make 100% of there guns. Taurus, Sig and Century Arms all have other companies that make certain models of guns and put the Taurus, Sig or Century Arms name on it. Unless you buy direct from the company you will never know it and I didn't. Same goes for holsters ans such. I assisted in a purchase of some new paddle holsters today. The exact same holster was listed on 4 sites for 4 different prices. The actual manufacture had the lowest price but that isn't always the case. I'm still learning that whole aspect. But I have questioned the price many times. In the end its about quality and whats works for you. Yes I left a bad review about GW but that guy was fired. You hear bad things about them. A dozen times a day I hear people say bad things about H&H as well.
Our range IS the only one around with an air filtration system not just a fan system to circulate the air. H&H doesn't even circulate the air.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
All I'm going to say about that is congrats on the new job.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Gotta do what I can to pay the bills.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Was glad to hear you got the job when ya put me up for a few days.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love the job and seem to be doing good. Sold 18 guns so far and had some great comments by customers made directly to the owner about my customer service. I finally have a job I enjoy getting up in the moring and going to work.

Your welcome at my place anytime Gauge.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Well if you are having fun, it ain't work, so congrads on the new employment!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts