Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after hunting hard and not seeing much since opening day, I connected on two does on the last morning. There were three slick heads and I took the biggest two. I saw a monster buck the day before, but could not get a shot at him, I think he will push 150. Hopefully he sticks around and I can get a crack at him with the bow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Way to go. I'll add your points

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Congrats on filling the freezer! We need more of a story! More drama! ::) ;D

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
You got meat in the freezer and thats all that matters.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on filling the freezer! We need more of a story! More drama! ::) ;D
More story and drama, ok. Let's see . . .
Read this as if it is the voice of the late Steve Irwin, the crocidile hunter.
So there I was, sitting in the blistering cold of a windy Oklahoma morning, nothin on but my skiveys, boots and blaze orange. I sat in the most uncomfortable tree stand available, hung in a honey locust using the four inch thorns for a seat cushion. I had sat there for 17 hours straight without peeing just to prove how tough I am, when CRIKEY out came the biggest, meanest whitetail does in the state! One carried a hatchet, the other a moltov cocktail. I knew I was in for a fight as they began to climb the tree, I only had a red ryder BB gun with 3 BBs for defence. CRIKEY!! I had to shoot out the eyes of the moltov carrying doe and wrestle the hatched from the steel jaws of the other! After a four hour battle royale, I came out the victor! CRIKEY!
Seriously, it was a pretty uneventful hunt. I sat in the stand until they showed about 8:30. I shot the first doe at about 100 yards, she ran about 30 yards and dropped. The other ran to about 80 yards behind me, I shot her quartering away and she make it about 15 yards and fell dead.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
jblackburn, love a good wise cracker! Great story and great does as well.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Love the story! ;D

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
You left out the part where it was raining double edge razor blades.

Backstrap its whats for breakfast

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
HAHAHA! looking forward to it!

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Twas the night before opening day and all through the Bathe house not a creature was stiring, as they was all mounded on the wall already, expcept Craid and his Browning. Y'ALL KNOW THE REST!!!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
jblackburn-- ;D ;D ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts