Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was headed to gauges for some fishing yesterday but had to turn around half way do to truck problems.
My wife mentioned it to one of her friends, who told her husband who called me and invited me fishing today/tonight.
Well I ended up bringing 3 catfish home 1-16 1/2" and 2-17". I tossed back a 4" bluegill, 6" small mouth, and 5 more cats ranging from 5"-14". Will get this pics of the 3 I kept loaded later in the day.

I also saw 2 yotes and 5 or 6 water snakes. I had my .40 with me so I coulda taken the 150y or so shot at the yotes but I'm sure everyone on the pier woulda gone crazy.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Self shot didn't turn out so well

But the 3 I did keep

Will also post for points

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Crap! I used my fly rod on some eating sized blue gill today, and forgot to take a pic :'(

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't have my camera with me either so I had to use my cell for the one with me in it the other I took when I got home. Catching a few fish is the only part of my weekend that was nice.

The storm that rolled through last night filled my boat with nearly 60 gallons of water. I filled my 5 gal shop vac 7 times and that was after I did a Jerry rig jack job on my boat trailer to drain all the water. I didn't put the cover back on it like I should have. Its been one of those weekends I tell ya.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Well at least ya got to go fishing after all.
Maybe this weekend ya can try to make it down.

Caught over 60 bass this weekend but nothing over 1 pound. :( ;D
Yet had a blast catch em all. I got 1 photo to post later.

·
Registered
92 Posts
we caught 5...4 flatheads and a blue 2 were about 25 pounds and the rest 5 to 8 pounds would have pictures but my flashdrive conveniently CRASHED taking the copys of fish pictures not to mention all my HOMEWORK for college

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes even though I got out 1 evening for a couple hours it was still better than nothing.

I'd love to come down this weekend however I'm limping my truck to and from work not to mention today they told us we will be working the next 2 weeks atleast without a day off. Yup 12 on 12 off with no day off. Oh how I long for retirement.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Bullbuster. Nice fish. I hooked into a nice cut throat trout this weekend on the Wilson River here in Oregon while fly fishing, I also took my 4 year old daughter out with me to Hagg lake the next day, She did not want to leave the lake when it was time to go. Its funny, usually when I take her she out fishes me. go figure.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bullbuster. Nice fish. I hooked into a nice cut throat trout this weekend on the Wilson River here in Oregon while fly fishing, I also took my 4 year old daughter out with me to Hagg lake the next day, She did not want to leave the lake when it was time to go. Its funny, usually when I take her she out fishes me. go figure.
I still bait my kids hooks as I don't want them hooking themselves but after that they are on there own. My kids have have no problem out fishing me at times. I actually like it that way.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Yeah Yeah, when your kids outfish you, you know it was a set up, but when your wife(like mine) kicks your butt, you learn to go when she can't. ;D

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah Yeah, when your kids outfish you, you know it was a set up, but when your wife(like mine) kicks your butt, you learn to go when she can't. ;D
My wife never liked to go as she didn't want to spend the money for licenses or me spend it as well. But being she is a 60% disabled vet she gets a free hunting and fishing license in OK. Now she suddenly wants to go all the time. I don't mind as she can't complain about me going. Plus she can bait her own hooks and she mentioned she would need a gun. I like new toys.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Bull, it's about time she came around to your way of thinking ;D ;D .

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.