Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to say Happy New Year to y'all as after work tonight I'm headed to San Antonio for a week.

I hope to have my rear in the field doing some South Texas deer hunting. Maybe get lucky and get a hog or two. My brother-in-laws girlfriend's family has about 18k acers near Corpus Christi with a 10 year QDM program going. Brother-in-law has already taken a 170 this year. Hope to have pics to show when I get back.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Happy New Year back at ya, and everybody else.
I'll be down the road myself for a few days over New Years holiday.
Might have a few pics myself if the luck holds out ;)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Nice! Good luck!!

Eh-hem!! Do you think you can get me on there sometime to do a little snake hunting?? 

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Happy new years to y'all as well.
Hope to get out & smack some geese this week or smack a hog.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it was a good trip. I didn't have to tell my mother-in-law to stick it at all. Had tuns of beer and out did myself on a brisket I'm proud to say I actually cooked (I'm my own worst BBQ judge). Didn't get to do any hunting as a wind swept wild fire moved onto the ranch and was doing a major toll on the place. Last word was nearly half the ranch burned.

Normally we take the -35 through the big cities to San Antonio. We dicided on the way back to take the 281 North till Witchita Falls then hit the 44 and on up. What a great drive that was. We musta seen 20 dead deer along the road as well as a couple hogs and javilina. But we did also see a nice flock of turkey and close to 50 deer out in fields as well. Traffic wasn't bad and we only got delayed once for construction but that was but a few minutes is all. Not sure if I'd do it at night given all the road kill we seen but a day drive for sure.

Trying to catch up on a tun of house work and get the honey to do list smaller so I can get out atleast one more time before the end of the month. I'm back at work on Monday unfortunitly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts