Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have points to add and or business for me I'll be back mid next week. Just found out I'm leaving to an undisclosed location far away for work. I'm told I'll find out where that place is once I get their. But I'm also told I should have a good time. I know what Uncle Sam calls "A GOOD TIME" so this trip should be interesting.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Hey I've been there several times, and each time was just the bestest darn time you could immaging. Man I'm so jealous, wish I could go with ya!

Best of luck tho, seriously.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
That's usually the same routine I get from my wife when she says we are going on vacation. Pack your clothes and shut up. You'll like it when we get there.:D

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I was packed and ready to go. Came into work yesterday to get on plane and well things break and plans change. So I was stuck working a 14 hour day in hopes of still making our flight and it didn't happen. So I'm not going now. I did however find out that I was supposed to go to Curacao a territory of the Netherlands which is located between Aruba and Boniare off the Venezuela coast. Oh well stuff happens. Maybe the Army will send me some place nice and warm with sandy beaches.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I've been to the warm sunny places the army sends you.
You wouldn't like it.

I didn't know the Navy maintained a presence in Curaçao?
We have a base there?

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Dude you got hosed!!! If you can still make it ....GO!!! Curacao is an awesome trip. Cost a lot but per deium is good.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Islands down there owned or independent from Britian, are prudes.
Those owned or use to be owned by the French, or the Netherlands are Awesome!! You will know why when you get there. ;) ;) ;) ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
That sounds far better for ya Bull then going to FT. Irwin in CA with the army.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dennis We did get the topless beach brief in our security briefing. All the brothels are off limits as well. My camera holds 3k pic so I had to download and delete all to make room. I had planned to play some golf and do some scuba while their. Oh well what can you expect from a government run operation. I can only imagine now what I'd have been doing right now.

As far as us having a base not sure on that. This was strictly an R&R trip in one of our (company) aircraft. I was selected to go as a payback for the shaft I've got in my Naval career recently.

I've been to the big big sand box 3 times. Twice on a carrier (USS Abraham Lincoln) and a 7 month trip on the ground in Kuwait at Camp Buehring. I agree this trip or any the Army may send me on would have been better.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Need to get an ALC job and join the Air Guard!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
So you got a little buddy to boss around hay Bird? ;D

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Dennis We did get the topless beach brief in our security briefing. All the brothels are off limits as well. My camera holds 3k pic so I had to download and delete all to make room. I had planned to play some golf and do some scuba while their. Oh well what can you expect from a government run operation. I can only imagine now what I'd have been doing right now.

As far as us having a base not sure on that. This was strictly an R&R trip in one of our (company) aircraft. I was selected to go as a payback for the shaft I've got in my Naval career recently.

I've been to the big big sand box 3 times. Twice on a carrier (USS Abraham Lincoln) and a 7 month trip on the ground in Kuwait at Camp Buehring. I agree this trip or any the Army may send me on would have been better.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Who me??? I got my own building with just me in it most of the time and like it that way. Now Bull could come by for visit and we'd do lunch at H&H. Nothing like a grilled onion burger and a hundred rounds down range for lunch.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Who me??? I got my own building with just me in it most of the time and like it that way. Now Bull could come by for visit and we'd do lunch at H&H. Nothing like a grilled onion burger and a hundred rounds down range for lunch.
Now thats the kind of Boss I like. Take you to lunch and buy you a hundred rounds. My .44 will love you.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Whooooa Nellie, .44?????? I'm turning .22

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My Redhawk is short on ammo and you can buy me some! At least that's what these guys say your a good enough chap to lend a hand.

UPDATE!!!!!!
I was called into my Commanding Officers office yesterday for some cool news. While my trip to the tropics was canceled there is an international airshow tattoo in Mendenhall England they wanna send me to next month. I'm game for 5 days in the UK.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Not a bad make up trip at all.

Wished I'd of known you had a .44, I threw in 4 boxes of it when I traded my .44 for my Judge.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
UPDATE:
I'll be headed outa town tomorrow to Mendenhall England for the Royal International Air Tattoo. Be back in town on the 19th. Looking forward to lower temps and from what I'm told all the free beer I can drink. I'll get all the points and such updated when I get back if anyone has any new points to add. Will have plenty of pics to post as well. Check out the link to the Air Show site. http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow

1 - 20 of 28 Posts