Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month left till Im back in the field hunting. First Bear and cougar season opens August 1st then at the end of August elk and deer archery opens. Im taking two weeks off work to hit the mountain in September. I can't stop thinking about it. A buddy at work knows where there is a significant bear population at, he is going to help me introduce the bear to my broadheads. What more could you ask for.

·
Administrator
14,261 Posts
I'll bet your getting excited for the season to start. Ok gets its first bear season this fall. I don't know what opportunities there will be for non-land owners in that area, but I'll check it out

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Hope ya score on a good one this summer.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8 days to go then its time to get some BBQ bear ribs. MMM MMM

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Black bear is good eating & very filling.
1/4 lb bear burger is like eating a 1/2 lb hamburger.

·
Administrator
14,261 Posts
Black bear is good eating & very filling.
1/4 lb bear burger is like eating a 1/2 lb hamburger.
Why is that? Is it more protein?

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Dennis, I cant say for sure.

I had all my b.bear meat made into burger,chops,ck.fry's,steaks,peperoni,sausage & salami.
All of it was more filling then what you would think.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the muscle fiber on bear is closer together than beef. much stronger animal than cows.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Does this mean dinner at RFreemans house??????

Best of luck to ya on the hunt.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No bear this weekend but I can say the elk are starting to get real vocal. They were chirping and mewing back and forth with me all day yesterday. I know exactly were they were but did not want to go after them and bump them into the next county. Ill wait until season opener to actually persue them. Im taking two weeks off from work to disapear into the Oregon Mountains. I can't wait for bow season to open up. As for bear I have till December 31st to get one. I think Im going to stay out of the woods till elk season opens up. Keep my hunting grounds unspoiled.

·
Administrator
14,261 Posts
You've got that right. Bump an elk and there is no telling where they will stop. Not really like a deer with a home territory from what I understand.

·
Vendor
511 Posts
Good luck on the hunt.

Michael

1 - 12 of 12 Posts