Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I've been slaying hogs left and right, because I haven't. But I didn't realize that I had not contributed squat to this sub-forum lately.

Shot another last night. Hopefully the landowner appreciates the cutters on this one...apparently he drove over a cutter and put a hole in a tractor tire from a previous kill recently.

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Popping holes in tires with cutters isn’t easy. Musta been a hawg of a hog.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Sweet. Nice shot on that bruiser.

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
Great video and shooting as usual!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice video, I like how you explain all your safety checks before zeroing in on the target.
Thank you.

I realized when I was reviewing the video that I had actually flagged a couple cows in the first part.

I really try not to cover anything that I don't intend to shoot, and that includes cattle. Sometimes it's inevitable when the action is on, but when I'm off and undetected there isn't a whole lot of excuse.

I always figure I'm one "uh-oh" away from losing hunting permission on a whole bunch of properties at once...so I try to be as careful as I would be around my cattle

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Great shooting!

I have a 6.8 SPC that I built for use when I was a Volunteer with USDA animal damage control. Before I got the gun finished USDA stopped allowing the Volunteers to shoot without a week long training course that they only held every couple of years. I have never even fired this gun yet. The ADC Officer, (modern name for Government Trapper) did all the shooting with his 6.8. SPC. He was shooting wolves mainly using the Barnes 85 grain TSX Flat base. Worked real well. His gun was kitted up with what ever night vison scope and suppressor the Government provided him.

Tell me about the 6.8 SPC II what is the difference between 6.8 SPC?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great shooting!

I have a 6.8 SPC that I built for use when I was a Volunteer with USDA animal damage control. Before I got the gun finished USDA stopped allowing the Volunteers to shoot without a week long training course that they only held every couple of years. I have never even fired this gun yet. The ADC Officer, (modern name for Government Trapper) did all the shooting with his 6.8. SPC. He was shooting wolves mainly using the Barnes 85 grain TSX Flat base. Worked real well. His gun was kitted up with what ever night vison scope and suppressor the Government provided him.

Tell me about the 6.8 SPC II what is the difference between 6.8 SPC?

Thank you.

Please excuse my brevity as I'm headed out to bale hay:

The SPC II is an improved chamber design with a little more freebore. The original SPC was known for getting pressure spikes, so this solved the problem.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Thanks of course I didn't wait for your response, I Google'd right away and for the that answer. I wonder what I have? Any way to tell?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts