Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to recent news reports Ben Ladin is dead. I don't know the details, but its kind of a non event in my opinion. I'm not denying its a good thing, but nothing changes except the obimination can claim it happened on his watch.
Ok, he is dead.
Good deal.
Will the Taliban suddenly stop fighting, and go home to their mud huts??
Its been well known for a couple of years that he is just the figurehead of the organization.
Commanders below his stature will continue the fight.
Nothing will change except the fighters will now be fighting for allah and bin laden, the martyr.
In the Clinton Era of being a president, a military sniper had ben ladin in his sights and was asking for permission to fire. It went all the way to the White House for permission to take the shot. Clinton said no.

All early info, so more to come......

·
Registered
231 Posts
From someone whoi was on a team hunting this SOB, in the 90s, this brings significant closure for me. Yes we still have a long fight ahead of us, but this is a very big deal. Out of the 4 years I spent in the military I spent 3 hunting him. Now I finaly get the feeling that the job is done. I am very glad from what I heard that it was a spec ops team that took him out. And the should give the CMH to the operator who pulled the trigger.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
While it's good to HEAR he is dead, I have my doubts. The photos ain't the best and the fact they did a burial at sea in the allotted 24 hours for a proper Muslim service for him makes me wonder.

For a man to he hunted for so long and not make a big deal about it in the end don't add up. Then to give him the proper Muslim send off would only make him more of a martyr. I don't recall any other of his higher ups getting the 24 hour send off after we took them out. Why him and only him?!?!?!

Saddam kids had more cold slab press time than this SOB. But only time will tell as to what is released. But I do expect some sort of retaliation from all this.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Bull I feel the same way you. Nothing is going to change.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The burial at sea still bothers me. I know it was done to be politically correct, and probably rightfully so, But, did we do anything special to Saddam? Did we give Hitlers remains a christian burial? WTF???

He was a savage murderer that killed muslims, Christians, Buddist, Atheist, Agnogstics, and whoever. :mad:

If it had been my call, there would have been a hole dug, his carcass thrown in, and a dead pig thrown in on top of him.
Backfill the hole, and call it good. :mad:

I guess thats why they never called me to duty in the Diplomatic Corps. ::)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Had it been one of our high profile people, or Obama himself, they would've hung him up in the streets for public viewing as a sign of disrespect to us. I say we should've done the same thing!

Just my opinion though!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Here is a thought, perhaps while his body was being disposed of at sea maybe sewage or garbage was being pumped over board at the same time.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
The entire thing sounds fishy to me. One site I read he was killed a week ago by a Predator. His naked body should have been dragged through the streets of NYC behind a Hummvee.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
One key thing that the Muslims are mad about is that because he was berried at sea he wasn't berried facing Mecca which is part of muslin traditions.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Who Cares!?! He was a TERRORIST!!!! They don't deserve honor, regardless of religion.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Just about all that I can think of to say on this is "Next!" Someone will take his place and try to carry on the jihad. But it does have to make them kind of look over their shoulders!

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just about all that I can think of to say on this is "Next!" Someone will take his place and try to carry on the jihad. But it does have to make them kind of look over their shoulders!
Not as long as they live in Pakistan.
He lived there for 6 years in that compound, less than 1/2 mile from a military academy, similar to our West Point.

We have sent billions of dollars to Pakistan to help in locating this POS.
They knew where he was at all the time.
I'm sure he was sending "personal contributions" to inquiring minds. :mad:

Our POS Legislature acts like they are angry, but wait and watch. The money will still flow to Pakistan.........

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Not as long as they live in Pakistan.
He lived there for 6 years in that compound, less than 1/2 mile from a military academy, similar to our West Point.
We have sent billions of dollars to Pakistan to help in locating this POS.
They knew where he was at all the time.
I'm sure he was sending "personal contributions" to inquiring minds. :mad:
Our POS Legislature acts like they are angry, but wait and watch. The money will still flow to Pakistan.........

The CIA big dawg already said it would be a bad idea to cut ties with them, but they demand answers to how much they really know. I say cut all ties and bring everyone back home. Let them deal with it on there own.

·
Registered
63 Posts
We had a saying in Nam, Kill'em all let God sort'em out! That is 13 billion down the tube for "good info". With freinds like Pakistan we don't need any more enamies!

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Latest news reports from Pakistan says Ben laden was taken alive and later killed. Report is from family members in the compound.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How sick is this?
A report put out by Yahoo today(I don't have a link yet) said that immediatly after the announcment of Bin Ladens death, the traffic picked up by 100% on Yahoo.
They said that over 60% of the teenagers didn't even know who Ben Laden was. Some even questioned if he was in a band.

I'm calling my grandkids tomorrow, and we are going to start a political discussion.... :mad:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hahaha! Kids!!

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
It ticks me off that our own government won't throw out the BS flag on them but even more so we are still going to give them money.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Maybe if Pakisheitistan feels really chummy, they'll return the secret helecopter remains....yeah right!

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I saw the pic of the chopper. Now they and whoever they want to sell it to will get the special paint, and most of the "secret" stuff from what I hear is in the tail rotor section, that did not get destroyed.
They should have had a couple of drones overhead with missles just for this reason. One flaw in an otherwise perfect mission.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts