Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta say Thank You Dennis for last night and the best fishing I have had in years.

I met up with Dennis yesterday and we fished Kaw lake. We did well trolling but when the shad it the top and the sand bass went on a feeding frenzy you couldn't catch and release fast enough. It was AWSOME!! I hadn't experienced anything like that before. We kept a few fish but threw back far more than we kept.

Here are a few pics from the trip.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Gotta luv when the sandies start a feeding frenzy!

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd only seen that kinda thing on TV. But I tell ya what I could never grow tired of it.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Yeah, it was a blast. ;D

Thanks for coming down and spending the day.
We just ate some of the sand bass for supper this evening. Cooked it in a batter like Long John Silvers but added some cajun seasoning.
Got a full gallon bag of fillets from them. ;D
My fishing buddy got back in town last night and wanted to go this evening, but I declined. Man, it got to 111 here. I stayed in the house, and sorted brass, most of the day.

11 fish on my string, that weighed 17.1 pounds.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dennis I drive my wife crazy talking about the fishing. She said I'm grounded from fishing with you again. Don't worry she said the same thing about gauge after my fist trip out with him. Been back dozens of times since. LOL

Sorry you had to clean all them fish yourself. Glad they ate well.

My stringer was 12 1/2 pounds or so for I think 9 fish.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Only took about 30 minutes. I got up early before the heat and whupped them out. Took the carcasses down to the pond at the end of my road for the ***** to dine on. ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts