Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in another post I've been taking a lot of GoPro videos while hunting with my dogs. I edit them and add a bit of a soundtrack and some titles and share them primarily with friends via YouTube. It is a fun way to share the sport I love. I checked tonight and I have 69 videos posted on my YouTube page.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2zK_qz_37lI9Y_-KUC5vXg

This video is one of my favorites and a pretty decent example of what I've been doing with the camera.

https://youtu.be/NjhEd554UZE

Let me know if you enjoy it and I'll put some others up on occasion.

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
As I mentioned in another post I've been taking a lot of GoPro videos while hunting with my dogs. I edit them and add a bit of a soundtrack and some titles and share them primarily with friends via YouTube. It is a fun way to share the sport I love. I checked tonight and I have 69 videos posted on my YouTube page.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2zK_qz_37lI9Y_-KUC5vXg

This video is one of my favorites and a pretty decent example of what I've been doing with the camera.

https://youtu.be/NjhEd554UZE

Let me know if you enjoy it and I'll put some others up on occasion.
I like it. Enjoy watching the flush. :D

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
What program do you use to edit your videos? I use my GoPro a lot as well but just download them to my laptop. I don't have any editing software.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What program do you use to edit your videos? I use my GoPro a lot as well but just download them to my laptop. I don't have any editing software.
I've been using the GoPro Studio software that comes with the camera. I'd recommend getting a stand alone hard drive ($25 at Walmart) and using it to store your video files. They eat up a ton of space. I now have two :(

First learn to cull down your raw video to those parts that are interesting. After that go on YouTube and watch some videos on editing with GoPro Studio and you will quickly figure out how to add music, titles and other effects. It is time consuming but I enjoy it.

I particularly enjoy showing the really neat stuff about the hobbies I enjoy. It took me a couple years to get a really good clip of a covey of quail flushing. I still haven't gotten raw video of a bow-kill deer but it's just a matter of time.

Feel free to ask me questions via PM... I'll help best I can.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Reactions: Settertude

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
I've been using the GoPro Studio software that comes with the camera. I'd recommend getting a stand alone hard drive ($25 at Walmart) and using it to store your video files. They eat up a ton of space. I now have two :(

First learn to cull down your raw video to those parts that are interesting. After that go on YouTube and watch some videos on editing with GoPro Studio and you will quickly figure out how to add music, titles and other effects. It is time consuming but I enjoy it.

I particularly enjoy showing the really neat stuff about the hobbies I enjoy. It took me a couple years to get a really good clip of a covey of quail flushing. I still haven't gotten raw video of a bow-kill deer but it's just a matter of time.

Feel free to ask me questions via PM... I'll help best I can.
I was given this GoPro about 3 years ago so I don’t have the GoPro edit stuff. Had to download the user manual to know how to use it. Wonder if I can download that from the net?...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was given this GoPro about 3 years ago so I don’t have the GoPro edit stuff. Had to download the user manual to know how to use it. Wonder if I can download that from the net?...
Absolutely. What you'll want is GoPro Quik. Go to the apps section on GoPro's website and there is a download link there. The Quik app includes the Studio software.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Absolutely. What you'll want is GoPro Quik. Go to the apps section on GoPro's website and there is a download link there. The Quik app includes the Studio software.
Fantastic!!! You should have joined the forum yea ago then I would have already known all this lol. BTW what's your preferred method of carry for it? I've got a head strap but I also mount it directly to my scopes. I made a PVC pipe I stick in the ground as well to mount it on. When I was given to me he gave me all sorts of cases and such.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fantastic!!! You should have joined the forum yea ago then I would have already known all this lol. BTW what's your preferred method of carry for it? I've got a head strap but I also mount it directly to my scopes. I made a PVC pipe I stick in the ground as well to mount it on. When I was given to me he gave me all sorts of cases and such.
I have the head mount and wear it over a ball cap more than anything.

A buddy gave me a wearable gimbal to help smooth out the video. It's a bit heavy for the head mount so I rigged up this god-awful helmet mount. My buddies will laugh at me (but not much as I'll be armed).

I also bought a shoulder mount this summer that I'm going to be trying out on my annual Michigan trip next week. I think it might work for some decent footage. I also use an extendable handheld mount (think selfy-stick) and a nifty little tripod my wife gave me for Christmas a couple years ago.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the head mount and wear it over a ball cap more than anything.

A buddy gave me a wearable gimbal to help smooth out the video. It's a bit heavy for the head mount so I rigged up this god-awful helmet mount. My buddies will laugh at me (but not much as I'll be armed).

I also bought a shoulder mount this summer that I'm going to be trying out on my annual Michigan trip next week. I think it might work for some decent footage. I also use an extendable handheld mount (think selfy-stick) and a nifty little tripod my wife gave me for Christmas a couple years ago.
I think I like this guy.
:)
We would get along fine.

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
That a good day quail hunting!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's another video.

Rhett's been one heckuva bird dog. Here he finds part of a busted covey, points and holds while my brother and I approach. Marks the bird I shoot and retrieves it to me.

Some people never get to experience this. Some guys spend thousands of dollars to experience it. With Rhett it's been rinse and repeat for the last 10 years. I can't begin to imagine how many birds he's delivered to me.
Hundreds if not thousands.

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
Here's another video.

Rhett's been one heckuva bird dog. Here he finds part of a busted covey, points and holds while my brother and I approach. Marks the bird I shoot and retrieves it to me.

Some people never get to experience this. Some guys spend thousands of dollars to experience it. With Rhett it's been rinse and repeat for the last 10 years. I can't begin to imagine how many birds he's delivered to me.

Love it. Its amazing how dogs can see the flush, spot the birds down, even multiple birds and get a retrieve. Your blessed with a great one.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
Here's another video.

Love it. Its amazing how dogs can see the flush, spot the birds down, even multiple birds and get a retrieve. Your blessed with a great one.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Great perspective with the camera on the dog, and some fine dog work as well!

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
Awesome dog work!

1 - 20 of 193 Posts