Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·

Sweet find, point and hold for my little Dot yesterday evening.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·

The first of several really neat clips I captured this week in the frozen sage. Enjoy.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
I'll second that Nice!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·

We only hunted last Thursday in the face of this cold/snow. We had freezing fog on the Tuesday before and that left the sagebrush white and ghostly. The temperatures while we were out were in the upper 20's and there was a light breeze. The birds were really moving feeding ahead of the cold that came in on Friday evening. I was nervous about hunting them with the conditions but after I saw how active they were I'm sure weren't hurting the coveys. We didn't harass singles and moved through the coveys shooting only one or two per. I didn't carry a gun (haven't for almost a month) but just took video/pictures. It was a memorable hunt with some good friends. I hope you enjoy the videos.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·

Cool capture. The frost, the dog work and the flush make this one of my favorites from this year.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Great video of some really nice dog work!

Reactions: Kelulu

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Nice video. Good dog work as well.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Amazing dog work. Love watching them doing what they love.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·

Last video until next fall. These clips are from this past season and despite the hunting being a bit tough I managed to get a lot of really neat video clips. My guess is that I'm getting better at positioning myself to get good video as much as anything. I hope you enjoy these.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
I did enjoy them!

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Video cut off early!
Cool music and pics to accompany the sayings from some wise men.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·

Moving last season's footage onto my storage drive and stumbled across this clip. Not the best visually but it's neat because the young man doing the shooting took his first quail ever over one of my dogs in 2016.

181 - 200 of 216 Posts