Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
221 - 235 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
In this clip from January 2020 young Dot finds a covey of bobwhite on top of a bare hill in western Beaver County. The clip shows an excellent view of the flushing birds but the feathers floating past the camera really make it special.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
Almost to quail season. Here's Ben's Ginger with a neat covey way back in the sandhills and plum thickets of Beaver County. If you manage to find your way there wave at the guy in the orange hat on top of that far sandhill because it's likely me.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Tomorrow is opening day. I've posted all my good videos from seasons past. I've organized my gear, exercised my dogs and cleaned my guns (again). I'm ready. Hopefully I'll see some of you out there.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Have you ever been bird hunting in Missouri? I used to hunt a few bobwhites and pheasants in NW part of the state.

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
Have you ever been bird hunting in Missouri? I used to hunt a few bobwhites and pheasants in NW part of the state.
Disabled veterans get a free fishing and small game hunting license in Missouri so the OP could take advantage of that as well as yourself.
A trout stamp must be purchased though.

Reactions: baby and Bullbuster

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
If you are a nonresident Disabled Veteran in Missouri you can hunt as resident providing that you carry a copy your VA letter with you at all times and have the proper resident permit.
I was just wondering if Kelulu has hunted in Missouri in my post earlier.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
No. Bought a dog there once. Looked like quail country to my eye. I’d go back.
NW Missouri is where I grew up. I used to hunt bobwhites and pheasant. I haven't hunted up there in years. But there still might be a some good areas left to hunt.

Reactions: Kelulu
221 - 235 of 235 Posts