Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·

Some Tennessee boys stopped in this weekend. Hunted behind the best shorthairs I've ever seen this weekend.

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts

"Quit fuckin' around!"
LOL, that looks like pheasant hunting. Roosters don't stop, they like to run and a good pheasant dog like mine no longer with us will keep you in good shape running after them while the rooster is running.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
LOL, that looks like pheasant hunting. Roosters don't stop, they like to run and a good pheasant dog like mine no longer with us will keep you in good shape running after them while the rooster is running.
The birds have been running a LOT more than normal this year. It has been pretty routine for me this year to have a dog go on point in a thicket at the bottom of a draw and when I walk in the covey will flush 40-50 YARDS away at the head of the draw. Part of it is that the cover is thinner than normal due to the dry summer. Anybody that talks about "Gentleman Bob" standing politely in the cover doesn't hunt the same birds I do. Their survival instinct never fails to amaze me.

That being said notice that I almost had to step on this bird to get him to fly. When they run they RUN, when they stick they STICK.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·

Fun stuff. Hunting with kids is a blast!

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
The dog was HOT on that trail. Love watching them in action.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
This was a super neat point/flush in real life. It didn't translate to video like I hoped it would but if you watch it on your PC and turn your YouTube settings to 1080 and your volume up it's really pretty awesome. I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·

Ellie Mae puttin' the whang dang doodle on some public land birds! Pretty good stuff.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·

A different Ellie but some of classy dog work nonetheless. I love setters.

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
You smoked that bird! Bet there weren't many feathers left to pluck.

Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
Reactions: kwaynem
161 - 180 of 213 Posts