Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m opening a few sweet things my family got me (new yeti style cooler and cold weather sleeping bag) and they were to be opened in a specific order. I was excited enough to get a new cooler and sleeping bag but then I get a sled style shooting rest. I’m done and tickled to death but then the grand finally came. My wife hands me this book (see pic) and said to read up as the rest of my gift will be here in a week. Ummm come again!!!! She won’t give me more details other than this book goes with it.
Looks like someone is getting into the reloading game.......what’s do you think?!

·
Administrator
13,918 Posts
Welcome to the fraternity!
I’ve been reloading since 1980. Great way to manufacture quality ammo and get through these ammo shortages.

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I’m sure I’ll be calling on you for some advice.

·
Administrator
13,918 Posts
Oh I’m sure I’ll be calling on you for some advice.
That’s not a problem. I try my best to help a few others. Sometimes those calling bring up issues I’ve never had so I learn as well.
What loader are you getting?

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s not a problem. I try my best to help a few others. Sometimes those calling bring up issues I’ve never had so I learn as well.
What loader are you getting?
I have to wait and see lol. She won’t tell me.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
The best thing I ever done as far as hunting and shooting was getting into reloading and can definitely make you scratch your head sometimes but Dennis has the answer 90 percent of the time

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Nice haul on the birthday!! You and the boys will really enjoy the reloading and working up loads.

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’d said I wanted a new colder weather sleeping bag but one of the cloth ones not they nylon for my birthday. But after my incident a few weeks ago of running outta water and having to melt snow when I’d gotten stuck with the ATV I decided I wanted a water filter to keep in my pack. I was up in Casper on Sunday and we went to Sportsman’s Warehouse and I got a MSR Trail shot filter system. For what I wanted if for this one was perfect. I told the fam that I got what I wanted and I was set. No need for the sleeping bag or anything. Kinda hard to return stuff the day before ya know lol. Nevertheless I was still shocked and blown away by the other stuff.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've had the opportunity to spend quite a bit of several friends' money over the past couple of months getting them into reloading. One of the more fun parts for me is scrounging the interwebs, trying to find a deal still out there.

Its also cost me a lot of money because most deals I run into would suit me better:D

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m still waiting on it to arrive. The order she placed was put on back order, yet they sent a perspective ship date with the original purchase. A buddy from Ohio helper her out and hooked me up good he said.

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the day has finally arrived and my Birthday Present came in the mail today. The back order was fulfilled quicker than I thought given today’s guns, ammo and reloads supply shortage. Now all I need to do is learn how to use it all lol and get some die sets and a few other essentials.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Well the day has finally arrived and my Birthday Present came in the mail today. The back order was fulfilled quicker than I thought given today’s guns, ammo and reloads supply shortage. Now all I need to do is learn how to use it all lol and get some die sets and a few other essentials.
View attachment 6550
View attachment 6551
I need 200 rounds of 30-06 150 grain boattails, 300 rounds of 223 55 grain and 200 rounds of 30-06 185 grain. No hurry or rush but need them by Tuesday. Pitter Patter. You better get at'er!
Looks like a nice setup. Enjoy your late birthday present.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
13,918 Posts
She got you a danged nice rig! Everything you need once you get supplies.

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I need 200 rounds of 30-06 150 grain boattails, 300 rounds of 223 55 grain and 200 rounds of 30-06 185 grain. No hurry or rush but need them by Tuesday. Pitter Patter. You better get at'er!
Looks like a nice setup. Enjoy your late birthday present.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
Oh…well I still have 2 days left on my work rotation. I’ll also need you to send me the bullets, powders you want and just incase 5k small & large bore primers. Have to have 60g+ .223 to hunt with them here so send some heavier ones.

Reactions: murphranch

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She got you a danged nice rig! Everything you need once you get supplies.
That was her plan. It helps she was getting pointers from a long time buddy in Ohio on which setup to get. He hooked me up at my expense he said lol.
Maybe when you stop in in a couple of weeks you can drop off some of those missing supplies lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts