Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are coming to Oklahoma for the 2023 rifle deer hunt. I am from Arizona and wanting to hunt Oklahoma with my daughter and grandson. So since BK is closer for me and I saw it was public land was looking online about the place for rifle deer no so much success other than alot of people her in Arizona we hunt coues whitetail deer with we hike in maybe 2 miles in the mountains so hoping there are places to hike in to get away from what I've seen called the pumpkin patch lol. So any advice about BK or any other good Oklahoma public ares would be great if your reading this I greatly appreciate it thank you

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
95% of Oklahoma is privately owned. Very little public land with most of it heavily hunted. I've killed on public land back in the day with lots of folks killing some good deer on public, but they are the exception, not the norm.
If you're wanting to hunt private land, be prepared to pay some good money as leases don't come cheap anymore.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up and your reply it greatly appreciated. I've hunted the hardest deer in the world to hunt my whole life and have had great success at it the Grey ghost. So think we are gonna give this a try. Can't wait to hunt on flat land been hunting big mountains forever. Now you say it's expensive to hunt private so what's expensive for a 5 day hunt? Willing to pay some money to shoot a good buck which I pay 5,000$ in Mexico to hunt coues deer. Thanks for replying greatly appreciated.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are a very cool and hard deer to hunt. The venison is amazing. I use vortex razor 18x56 uhd and a razor spotting scope to find these deer. Very seldom do you get any shot under 200 yards normally shoot across canyons. I shot my last deer in October at 500.yards. if anyone ever puts in for a draw hunt for deer here I'm willing to give great information on a ton of units and willing to also help on hunt! Thanks

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For out of state it cost around 650$ to hunt here we have units to draw a tag we have some private land here but tons of land that isn't. If you like hunting deer and are up for a challenge you gotta try coues deer hunting. These deer are like meth heads lol. There always on edge and will disappear in a blink of a eye you would be also if you had lions chasing you all day. Any advise for Oklahoma rifle areas?

· Registered
2,832 Posts
I’m blessed to hunt private. Public lands get a ton of pressure during rifle season and there is a Texan in every tree and hiding behind every bush public and private. Getting a good deer on public is possible but they are going to be pressured. I can’t really help you out. If you get time post some photos of you and the meth head deer

· Registered
1,655 Posts
Thanks for the heads up and your reply it greatly appreciated. I've hunted the hardest deer in the world to hunt my whole life and have had great success at it the Grey ghost. So think we are gonna give this a try. Can't wait to hunt on flat land been hunting big mountains forever. Now you say it's expensive to hunt private so what's expensive for a 5 day hunt? Willing to pay some money to shoot a good buck which I pay 5,000$ in Mexico to hunt coues deer. Thanks for replying greatly appreciated.
Send a private message to Smith676 on here to see what a hunt on his place will cost. I know the general vicinity of his place, and your chance at a trophy buck should be really good.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Very nice buck! two main beams make that a trophy in my opinion.

Reactions: Kennywayne
1 - 16 of 16 Posts