Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
I saw the show on news, the thing I don't understand is the rancher said he was going to have to spend long nights watching his herd. I thought birds slept at night?

·
Registered
769 Posts
They don't really "attack cattle". What you have to worry about is a calf in the first couple hours of its life. Once the calf can get up and move around okay, it is fine.

I have absolutely hung out with newborn calves and mamas until the calf could get up. As soon as I see buzzards circling during calving season I'm off in their direction with the SxS.

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
Yeah you’re probably right about that.
ACJ said anything ridiculous lately we can all laugh about? Shooting domestic chickens with air soft guns from your pickup and the legality of doing so in Lawton...
Oh yes, he’s made a couple new topics of strangeness.

·
Administrator
14,684 Posts
They don't really "attack cattle". What you have to worry about is a calf in the first couple hours of its life. Once the calf can get up and move around okay, it is fine.

I have absolutely hung out with newborn calves and mamas until the calf could get up. As soon as I see buzzards circling during calving season I'm off in their direction with the SxS.
I’ve spent evenings and nights with dropped calves when coyotes were waiting nearby.
Never knew if they were going for the afterbirth or the calf.
Guess it depends on how hungry they are.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts