Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just hoping everyone is staying safe and warm while being snowed in. Here in Okemah, we have gotten just over a foot of snow, nearly 2 in the drifts. It took a little while, but I finally got the 4-wheeler started, and almost got it stuck in a drift. Still can't get the vehicles out of the driveway, but I always have the tractor if I actually "need" to go anywhere. I can pull a vehicle to a clearer spot and start from there. ;D Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone and stay warm!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Not too bad here. Got the tractor out yesterday and bladed off the driveway, and did a little three wheeling in the snow drifts. Went to moms after work and cleared her sidewalks, and a path to get her car out.

·
Registered
541 Posts
About the same here around Morrison. The East/West roads are the worst but most are passable. I was in a 4x4 yesterday with a couple of round bales on feeding cattle for my neighbor..This is one drift that will take a dozer to bust. It is much deeper than the picture shows..Probably around 8 to 10 feet in the road...It'll be a while..Everyone have fun but stay safe..

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to get out and hunt something today, if I have to take the tractor to do it!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Is it me or do the road crews not scrap all the snow off the roads anymore? Seems they just knock the high spots off and make it smooth as a hockey rink. I remember the snow plow trucks would have sparks comming off the blade.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Shoot we have aircraft out on the line and the base still hasen't plowed out ramp. Kinda funny when you have the highest priority of any aircraft on base yet your the last to be helped. I have spent all day out in the Deicer blowing snow and melting ice on the line for walking pathes. Waste of time as its been snowing all day anyway.

I hade to shovel my street as the plows don't do neighborhoods.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Wish I was closer to you guys. I'd come do some clearing.
I'll be out on the tractor all day saturday blading off all of my relatives and friends driveways and streets. Most of my aunts and uncles are in their 70's, so I don't want them out clearing snow by themselves.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My buddy said he'd try to bring my box blade to me tomorrow. It took a little work without a blade, but I used the tractor this evening and flattened my drive behind the carport to finally get the van out! Now, should I choose, it is now my choice to stay home instead of a requirement.

Now if I only had a dependable battery in the 4-wheeler!?!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I cleared my driveway by doing doughnuts on the 4 wheeler, worked real nice and was a ton of fun!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I'll delet that post and then you can do a lot of donuts, clear your driveway and take the credit for the idea....I know, I'm a giver!!! ;D ;D ;) Suppose to be getting another big snow system Wed, should have another chance to try it out! Just don't highside :eek:

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
I'm glad the Chair Force took a lesson from OKC road crews and decided that it would be a good idea to clear the snow before it all melted. We finally had snow plows show up to clear our parking ramp. We can actually park 3 aircraft on the line now. Wonder when they plan to dig out the plane thats already barried and stuck in the snow.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
BTW have you ever tried to shovel 2' of snow from a 300y x 150y area with nothing but snow shovels and ice picks. IT STINKS!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Bull your still a young lad.
It shouldn't bother you that much to shovel a little snow ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Bull your still a young lad.
It shouldn't bother you that much to shovel a little snow ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hehehe.... Bite me ???
Your but 20 minutes older than me.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Well, with Round two of the 2011 blizzard coming. I'm stuck here at work for a 34 hour shift. Started this am, and will have to be out on the units all night thawing crap out, and making equipment work. They are going to bring us food for us, so it won't be too bad except for the wind.
Some stations are predicting 8-14" in our area.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Bull,
It's amazing what Boss's want from you with the crappiest tools imaginable for the job at hand. :eek: :eek: ::) ::) ??? ??? - :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Bull, get an air start cart and blow the heck out of the snow!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts