·
Administrator
13,586 Posts
Awesome!

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is today a bank holiday? I can see my broker transferred the money to my bank Friday. But my bank doesn't show a deposit yet. Come on ACH system. This isn't like a late car or mortgage payment, get with it. This is a deposit for a hunting trip in November. Much more important!.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Yep, it's Presidents Day.

·
Super Moderator
10,532 Posts
Spent over an hour on the phone with the founders/ directors of Hunting with Heroes Wyoming again this morning. Our trip last year fell through for my wife's late season cow elk tag. They do hunts for 50% or more disabled vets. They took nearly 300 vets from around the country on hunts last fall. So if you're a 50% or more rated vet get on and check them out. Wife and I will be doing a couples antelope hunt in the fall and if we draw, private land elk as well. Not gonna hold out hope for the elk as its a less than 10% draw area but the goats a 100% draw as they are donated landowner tags.

TDD what kinda whitetail can you expect to see on your hunt?

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what a big deer at 100 yards looked like in my eyes in 2019, 2 months before cataract surgery. I should have passed. Outfitter was not pleased. Nor was I.

The Next day my wife got this one.

I have listened to her now for two years about this.

Here is the gallery page for 2020 for the outfitter.

If I don't get one this time as good as her's, then I may not come home.

What really hurts is this was her first ever deer hunt and thus her first ever deer. She is mercilessly competitive.

·
Administrator
13,586 Posts
Yeah, they never let you forget!

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Whatever you do Double D, don't make a bet with your wifey on the big buck. You may end up wearing a skirt for a week.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This wife of mine has a pretty sick sense of humor. I don't need to make a bet with her to fall victim.

I had to go in to see the Doctor recently for my annual prostrate exam. She gave me a mask to wear during the exam.

Only after the appointment when I saw my reflection in a window did I realize the mask looks like an article woman's underwear. I'll bet that Doctor is still laughing. The wife still is.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
She's a keeper!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
DD if you don't mind me being nosy, how many days is the hunt, how much did it run you and what class of animals can you expect to see? I'm always curious about other outfits since I'm in the same business.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts