Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hunting boots had a blow a couple weekends ago while out hunting. So tonight I picked up some Irish Setter elk trackers. Now I have to break these in and real fast. Im going bear hunting this Thursday after work. So here is what I am going to do tomorrow. I will soak them wet and walk them till they are dry. Any body have any other tips. This one always works for me. But I got to say I went for a walk with them tonight and they are the most dog gone comfortable hunting boots I have ever worn so far. If your in the market for a new pair of hunting boots try these ones out.

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
I really don't know of any way to break in boots other than putting a few miles on them. Maybe mink oil?

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
A boot dryer will do the same.If you happen to have one.
Put them on the dryer for the night 8hrs+ then use mink oil or bees wax like Dennis mentioned.
This will loosen the leather plus waterproof it all @ the same time.
Make sure you put your boots on when your mink'n or bee's waxing them up.
They will form to your feet like a glove once they get back to room temperature.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Soaked my boots today and walked them dry while I was out bear hunting. No bear but its 90 plus degrees out this evening. A buddy of mine turned me on to this spot and I have never seen so much bear sign in one place. I had to watch were I was stepping with all the day old scat on the ground. Tracks and rubs every where. I might go out there this weekend and try a morning hunt. My boots are now completely broke in and they fit great.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
rfreeman, hunt the shadows of the wood line during the heat.
Look for old stumps that might have insects like termites.
Then find a place to hide & wait for one.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Your welcome.
I killed 2 using that method back in northern California.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts