Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

Boy it is like a morgue in here.

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  dennishoddy 
#1 ·
Man, it got awful quiet in here lately.
Where are you all at?
I know a lot of ya aren't deer hunting.
Me, well I have been busy with the retirement thing and honey to do jobs since teal season.
I am trying to get some deer hunting in but my work has put a kink in that.
But I will try to keep in touch more.

#2 ·
I've been hunting when I can, prepping for a trip to San Antonio tomorrow, working on a to-do-list and getting my taxidery shop stuff all organized. Got a big order coming in today.

#3 ·
I think everybody is getting honey do's done before the mz season. I know I am. I've got 7 of the 9 day season off. I'm ready. :D

#4 ·
I'll be out first thing Monday morning.

#6 ·
I've been working and hunting hard. Have not even seen a deer while hunting yet. I moved a stand out of an oak flat that I thought was going to be great, but it was a bust. Finally found one small scrape close to my food plot, though. I have not hunted the plot yet, kinda saving it for November. We have a lot more acorns on the ground than I anticipated, so they don't seem to be moving much yet. Anybody having luck?

#7 ·
Between 6-6:15 pm, saw 10 does, and the buck I want to shoot. All way out of range.
The buck was bedded down in some grass, and just happened to catch him standing up for a stretch. He walked around for 30 seconds and laid back down until after dark. He was about 600 yds away. Just happend to see him when scanning the grass with a spotting scope. (45 power)

#8 ·
Ended up seeing three does right before dark last night. Probably about 130 yards or so, just did not feel comfortable with the shot. If I had my bow and was sitting in the stand I just hung, I would have had a 15 yard shot! I probably won't get back out until Wednesday at the earliest. I am really excited that it is supposed to cool back down later in the week and the weekend!

#9 ·
Got out this morning. Watched 6 does make their way across the milo field, when they all looked back. Two more does on full run blasted across the field with the big buck right on their tail.
He saw the other 6, put on the brakes, and went toward them. They flipped their tails and took off. :D
Poor guy just get any Lovin' :D

#11 ·
Been out twice this week and will be back out this weekend. Oh and I also been outa town. But I'm back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.