Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a new .22 pistola and have thought about a S&W 22a but think I'm down to two choices. Buckmark or a MkIII. I sure like the grips on the Browning and have heard that they are easier to take down for cleaning. Pretty accurate too.

Rugers, well they've been around forever,last forever, very accurate and overall a great gun. But can be a pain to take down.

Both have mags that can be a pain to load (compaired to a P22 mag) and you can find both in good supply.

I've seen both feast on cheap bulk .22 from Wally World.

What sayeth the masses?

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
I'm a Browning fan in shotguns, but have never had one of their pistols. I have never heard anything but good about them though.

I have owned every Ruger from the MarkI to the current Mark III Hunter. All of them being bull barrels.

Yes, the Rugers can be a pain to dissasemble, and put back together, but once one learns the "trick" its not a problem.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Both are nice.
Just get the 1 that fells best in your hands.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a sweet looking pistol Dennis.

Yep, you're right Gauge, feel has a lot to do with it. Plus, if I buy one or the other and it doesn't work out, I could easily get my money back on either.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Im a Ruger man myself. I have a 5.5 bull barrel that ive had many years and millions of rounds fired through it with no problems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts