Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be headed out after all tomorrow with my oldest son. Daughter said she didn't want to go so.... Still sweet talking the wife out of the to do list for a day. Either way clothes sprayed down for ticks, gear set out ready to go. Made me a little stand for my GoPro out of PVC and painted it. GoPro is charging right now. I'm excited and sonis my son.

Who else is taking a future hunter out this weekend? Who is going Monday for the general season opener?

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Good luck and have fun! My daughter is going to sit out youth weekend here, and try to shoot an Eastern on youth weekend in SE OK. My son says he wants to wait another year. We'll be after them here Monday though.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'll be going on Wednesday. I can't wait to get out to Ellsworth.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Taking my daughter this weekend would take the boy but he is grounded. I will be out Monday in the storm hunting

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
I'll be sitting in a lawn chair in the back yard Monday. Easy pickings. LOL..

I'll have to so some scouting this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good luck to everyone in the morning

·
Registered
918 Posts
Had several different birds work just couldn't seal the deal. If it would have been me shooting done deal but I limited her to 20yds and couldn't get them closer than 30. Going again in the morning and throwing in a 3" instead of the 2.75" that should give her the extra 10yds LOL.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I took my son. Was an eventful morning that ended in poor spirits. Got some great video of the area however the sound didn't come through so no sounds of nature so it's pointless. Will have him out with me again soon.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Had several different birds work just couldn't seal the deal. If it would have been me shooting done deal but I limited her to 20yds and couldn't get them closer than 30. Going again in the morning and throwing in a 3" instead of the 2.75" that should give her the extra 10yds LOL.
It probably wouldn't have mattered if it were a 3.5" 12g............. she wouldn't have felt it :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
I agree lol was going this morning and woke up to thunder lightning and rain so we slept in. I'll take her again or to kansas with me one weekend

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It probably wouldn't have mattered if it were a 3.5" 12g............. she wouldn't have felt it :)
My 11 year old has no fear of 3 1/2" 12g. He shot a 3 1/2" bolt action 10g a few times during duck season an loved it.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Daugher has the day off from school tomorrow. She gets her homework done today and its gonna be game on tomorrow.

Hey Mason maybe a repeat but under proper terms.

Reactions: masonbanta

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
My 11 year old has no fear of 3 1/2" 12g. He shot a 3 1/2" bolt action 10g a few times during duck season an loved it.
Steel doesn't compare to lead IMO.......the last 3.5" 2 1/4oz 12g load I shot out of my O/U, rivaled my .458 Lott with 500gr Hornadys! :) It removed my shooting glasses from my face lol! :)

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll have pice for sure. Who knows maybe even a GoPro video or two.

My Maxus kicks like a feather even with the heaviest of 3 1/2" loads. Now my Rossie singe 12g dislocated my shoulder with a slug. I since added lead to the stock and a Sim's recoil pad. Feels like a .22 vs Mike Tyson now. That's what my kids use to hunt with for waterfowl as my Maxus is too big to hold with being supported.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well shoot plans fell through. Anyone wanna go hunt with me in the morning give me a call ASAP. My info is in signature line.

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
Now I see this at 10:40

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
Too late to make a 2 hr drive.