Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
13,720 Posts
We can't use electronic calls for turkey in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
To me using a electronic call a turkey wouldn't be a challenge at all. I would was one for coyotes and spring Snow goose. Using a mouth call, box call or slate call is a challenge in itself because it is you against the bird. If you call him within range and when you kill him you know that you worked hard to get him and it was worth the time and effort.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Plus they're illeagle here.

Reactions: OneEye

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To me using a electronic call a turkey wouldn't be a challenge at all. I would was one for coyotes and spring Snow goose. Using a mouth call, box call or slate call is a challenge in itself because it is you against the bird. If you call him within range and when you kill him you know that you worked hard to get him and it was worth the time and effort.
I appreciate the feedback, I mostly hunt Texas and it's legal but good to know it's illegal in Oklahoma because i often hunt there as well.
I know what you mean about calling in birds, it's my favorite time hunting, but trying to shoot one with a bow, film it and call it is quite the task already.
That's why I'm going to try the foxpro out this season, I will still be calling with my mouth calls though for sure!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Why the big push to use primitive methods (bow) if you're using an electronic call? If you're just wanting a good old fashioned action flick, get a domestic turkey - you just need a feed scoop & they'll come running right for you.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why the big push to use primitive methods (bow) if you're using an electronic call? If you're just wanting a good old fashioned action flick, get a domestic turkey - you just need a feed scoop & they'll come running right for you.
Ha now thats funny right there... So your saying by using an electronic call is to easy, well to each their own, Using a shotgun or rifle is to easy but I use a bow 90% of the time.
Besides I have called many a birds and never used a foxpro to call in birds, I was simply seeing if anyone ever had any luck trying. With that said I will try it this year just to check it out..
Hunter's these days really need to band together, we have enough groups trying to shut down what we love so much but we are quick to bash our own if they use different methods then others.
I see it all the time online, hunters bashing others for what they shoot or how they shot it. It's ridiculous really, As long as a hunter is using legal means he should shoot what he wants whether for meat or trophy, IMHO.....

My ultimate goal this turkey season is to decapitate a big tom with a arrow on film to answer your question...... Guillotine style

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ha now thats funny right there... So your saying by using an electronic call is to easy, well to each their own, Using a shotgun or rifle is to easy but I use a bow 90% of the time.
Besides I have called many a birds and never used a foxpro to call in birds, I was simply seeing if anyone ever had any luck trying. With that said I will try it this year just to check it out..
Hunter's these days really need to band together, we have enough groups trying to shut down what we love so much but we are quick to bash our own if they use different methods then others.
I see it all the time online, hunters bashing others for what they shoot or how they shot it. It's ridiculous really, As long as a hunter is using legal means he should shoot what he wants whether for meat or trophy, IMHO.....

My ultimate goal this turkey season is to decapitate a big tom with a arrow on film to answer your question...... Guillotine style
It was just a question, but if you want to bash, knock yourself out. Best of luck with your execution this season,.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was just a question, but if you want to bash, knock yourself out. Best of luck with your execution this season,.
I only simply asked if anyone used a ecall for turkey before and some input, you told me to get a domestic turkey and just kill it.....
I'm not hear to bash anyone or any form of hunting.. I'm here to exchange information, learn and hopefully help others...
Thank you sir and Good Luck to everyone turkey hunting...

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Lot's of birds roosted this evening, anxious for the morning. Clear, cold and little wind, should be entertaining!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts