1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Reactions: Jeremy Hoover

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Not sure either, but Welcome to Oklahoma Hunter!

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Passed through there a few times, never hunted that area.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
I have a friend that was raised around Sayer, still has family there. Says it's a great hunting area. Prairie dogs too.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
I only passed through the area myself. Never gave the hunting in that area much thought. It’s not all that far from Black Kettle so it stands to reason the game would be around.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
I just looked it up on a map. Now I remember seeing some road signs to Carmego. Back in the mid 80's we raced three wheelers at Vici just north of Carmego on a sand track. Flat at the start of the races, but at the end of the day in the turns it was so deep with blowing all the sand out, only the heads of the riders could be seen. Big banked turns made for some amazing speeds.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I just looked it up on a map. Now I remember seeing some road signs to Carmego. Back in the mid 80's we raced three wheelers at Vici just north of Carmego on a sand track. Flat at the start of the races, but at the end of the day in the turns it was so deep with blowing all the sand out, only the heads of the riders could be seen. Big banked turns made for some amazing speeds.
It’s amazing anyone survived riding those 3 wheeled death machines. I’ve got scars and bad memories of rolling mine too many times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
It’s amazing anyone survived riding those 3 wheeled death machines. I’ve got scars and bad memories of rolling mine too many times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I still own and ride one on a regular basis. 250SX 4 stroke for a grandpa ride. Back in the day raced a 250R 2 stroke with an engine built by Selvy's of California. Same company that built the engines for team Honda desert racing. It could smoke the Suzuki 500's in the 100 yard drag race. I'd have to spot them three lengths before they would race me.
Ended up 9th in the national championships in Boyd Tx in 1986 at 35 years old running against 18 year olds.

Rode mine yesterday actually. Our back yard is currently infested with moles. Walking across the yard is like walking on a mattress it's so fluffly from the tunnels.
Caught three of them in the last week in traps. After every trap success, I roll the yard with a roller I built a few years back. It's 4' wide and contains three 90 lb bags of concrete. Along with the frame and pipe, it should weigh 400 lbs.
Check for new tunnels and set traps accordingly.

I’ve also ride a utility 4 wheeler. Pretty comfortable ride.
The three wheeler is like stepping into a corvette. The ride isn’t so good, but there is a smile on the face the entire time riding it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts