Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where a person might get a good camo paint job done on a shotgun? I have a Mossberg 835 that is a good lookin gun, but would be better if camoed. I have never had one done, dont know how durable it would be, Any advise?

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I got 1 for you Farmboy.
I need to look him up though & give ya some more info.

Gauge

·
Administrator
14,362 Posts
I like the camo guns. If you just want to camo it for a hunt, they sell a "sock" that you pull over the gun, and make a couple of cuts in it to load, eject the shells, and get to the safety and trigger.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gauge, that would be great, is the guy local?

Dennis, I've seen those but wasnt sure how they would hold up. I'm kinda more partial to paint, I had a 835 in woodland camo that got stolen and now have a 10/22 in Mossy Oak Breakup.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Farmboy, when ya come down next weekend,I'll give the info buddy.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've painted a couple of my guns using Krylon Camo paint. I think that they turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
How 'bout a good ole role of camo tape?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ELIP ~ How does the Krylon hold up to wear and tear? I figured it would chip off pretty easy.

Bird ~ I used the tape on a bow once, but it faded fast and looked rough. I tried removing it to replace and wound up with a BIG mess, havent tried it on anything since.

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
Secret to the camo tape is to not leave it on for a long time. If you take it off right after the season the glue doesn't turn to goo.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Camo-Clad is 1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts