Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I got the bow out. I waxed the string. The release loop is a bit frayed but still solid. I have 11 arrows. The bow is turned down to some where around 30 lbs.

Dug out my range finder that the wife gave me a couple of years ago for Christmas and I have never used. Found 20 yards from the targets I have hanging and started shooting.

I am left handed but shoot a bow right handed. Shot 22 Arrows yesterday. No strain in either shoulder, some minor strain in the lower back. The kind of strain and stretching you get when when you haven't work out in a while. This morning everything is fine.

I think I am going to run my bow in and have it tuned up. When I get it back I am going to start a regular routine of shooting. Start working now for 2021 season.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
That's good news! Don't over do it and gradually work your way back up.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Keep at it. Slow and steady. I look forward to hearing the stories from your hunts when you get back in the woods with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think that now with the new bow you will catch better games. I also like to go hunting and try to do it at least once per month with my friends and family, I usually use my rifles, but sometimes I like to hunt with my bow. It happens rarely and it's more for fun, but I think to try to use only my bow for the next three months. For this purpose, I have to prepare my bow because it's not only very dirty but also it has small problems with which I didn't want to deal before because I was using it rarely. Now I am looking for a good stabilizer for my bow, I want it to feel more firmly in my hands. I have seen some interesting models on https://hibipod.com/best-bow-stabilizer-reviews/, but can't decide which one is better to buy. Can you help me?

·
Registered
81 Posts
What'ya think DD, going to catch better games now? :) Always wondered how you'd "catch" anything with an arrow. Wife used to ask if I caught anything and I'd usually crack back with yeah, caught a big ol' bull but released him!

Just got back from the Orthopedic doctor for my 'chainsaw' shoulder. Similar to 'tennis' elbow but inflicted by swinging around a Stihl not a Wilson. Really jacked up the right rotator after the ice storm back in Oct and I cleared 3 big yards - ours, Mom, Aunt. Thought it might get better but nope. Got x-ray and see some damage. Scheduling MRI to see if can be fixed with rehab or need surgery.

HeatherSmt, how will I do with a repaired rotator cuff? Will I catch bigger games or just better? Appreciate your input to the discussion.

·
Administrator
13,580 Posts
What'ya think DD, going to catch better games now? :) Always wondered how you'd "catch" anything with an arrow. Wife used to ask if I caught anything and I'd usually crack back with yeah, caught a big ol' bull but released him!

Just got back from the Orthopedic doctor for my 'chainsaw' shoulder. Similar to 'tennis' elbow but inflicted by swinging around a Stihl not a Wilson. Really jacked up the right rotator after the ice storm back in Oct and I cleared 3 big yards - ours, Mom, Aunt. Thought it might get better but nope. Got x-ray and see some damage. Scheduling MRI to see if can be fixed with rehab or need surgery.

HeatherSmt, how will I do with a repaired rotator cuff? Will I catch bigger games or just better? Appreciate your input to the discussion.
Hope you can rehab the injury. That surgery is tough from what I hear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is great news! I haven't shot in a while either, but I'm going to start working for the 2021 season next week. I have been shooting for a long time, but unfortunately in 2020 I could not do my favorite thing( I think like most other people). However, my friends decided to give me a Plano 108110 Bow Guard AW Bow Case from https://hibipod.com/best-bow-case-reviews/ for Christmas, which I have long dreamed of. Therefore, I now consider it my duty to continue shooting arrows and not lose all the skills that I have gained in 3 years of archery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dont forget to warmup and do some stratching, that always helps me when I shot more arrows than usual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts