Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

Question about elk huntin in OK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in 1 of my college classes and our teacher got on the subject of huntin, so of course myself n the guys in class were intersted in talkin then.. 1 of the guys said that there is a place to elk hunt in western OK but none of us knew where the place was so if anyone knows about places to elk hunt in OK please let me know.. Thank ya'll ;)
[/]

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
First of all, welcome to the boards!
To answer your question, The Okla Dept of wildlife has controlled hunts in the Witchita Mountains in SW Okla around Lawton. A lot have got off the refuge, and now they are allowing private lands hunting in that area.
There are also elk in eastern Okla. Pushmataha county has a controlled hunt each year, but as well, hunting on private lands are being allowed this year. I'll do a little search and get back with more info.

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
Ok, I'm back.
Here is a link to the Okla Dept of wildlife's website that details the elk hunting in Okla.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/regs/elkseason.htm

Hope this helps. If there are any other questions, don't hesitate to ask as there are hoards of people on here that are more than willing to share information. ;D

Tell us a little more about yourself. Since you are a student, do you hunt or fish, or even have time to?
If you have people in your classes that do hunt and fish, please direct them to this site. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Welcome to the site, Tisha.

Like, Dennis mentioned about the Elk Hunts.Plus this....
Comanche,Caddo & Kiowa county's are the 3 mentioned in the regs for legal private land Elk Hunts.
State Hwy 115 East & West or Meers. Saddle Mountain area is a host to a large amount of Elk Hunters.

I live right around the corner from the Wichita Mountains wildlife refuge were they have a draw hunt for Elk.
They also Draw hunt for Elk here on Lake Lawtonka.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.