Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this sweet pistol last week. Took it out to the range Tuesday to see how it shoots. It shoots so good, its now one of my favorite pistols. I had been reading really good reviews on them, and since you can get one for around $300, cheaper if you look hard. I couldnt pass it up. And I love the color. Its a Canik TP9SA. Its made in Turkey and imported by Century Arms. It is a single action, striker fired 9mm that holds 18 rounds in the mag. Came with 2 mags. I purchased a 3rd. I took it down range and shot our standard CLEET 25 round qualification course and shot a perfect score. Right outa the box. It has a sweet trigger and a super short trigger reset. I let several other instructors shoot it and they were all impressed. They are available in Black and Desert Tan. Not 1 malfunction in the past 3 days of shooting it. It comes with a Blackhawk style holster that can be switched from a paddle or belt carry. They also make a double action version. I havent shot one of them, but i understand the single actions trigger is way better. Im thinking these will become popular and the price will sky rocket, just like what happened to the XD after everyone discovered how good they were. So if you are in the market for a pistol and dont want to spend an arm and a leg. Check this pistol out. I would have no problem carrying it on duty to protect my life, and would if my dept. would let me. But unfortunately its not on our approved list. But I bet its with me off duty.

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
Not a bad looking pistol either. Do they offer it in .40 or .45?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not at the moment.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
It is a good looking pistol. Where'd ya find it at? How's the controls for a lefty?

·
Super Moderator
10,521 Posts
Nice shooting even if you did push one to the left a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts