Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to shoot a charity match in Tulsa today at the USAA Range. Huge facility.
Young man at 13 years old has Lukemia, and the shooting community came together to raise some money. When I left, $12,000 was raised in cash, and lots more in credit cards.

Actually I didn't get to shoot. Went over there, and walking in the door got a timer and a volunteer score keeper handed to me. So many people showed up that they were desperate for Range Officers, along with the heat. Ro's have to stand in the sun all day. Last time we looked it was 111 in the shade. Got a rain shower around 2pm, and then it got really miserable with the added humidity.

All of that doesn't matter. The young man going through chemo is hurting a whole lot worse than any of us. He came from a chemo treatment to accept a pistol and rifle that had been donated to him. Had to leave as he was hurting.

Sounds like a lot of money, but with medical costs today, it just helped for a few days. The kid is a hunter and fisherman. Hope it works out for him, and he gets to use the guns he received as gifts.

Each person that won a gun at the raffle put it up for a cash auction. Awesome!! ;D

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
That's a great testimate to the good hearts in the shooting/hunting commu.nity. Good on ya for helping out as you did.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got the final count. $ 13,600.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the link I posted is crappy, but click on the highlighted point, and it should take you to the video.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts