Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog chasing a bird I winged,the The bird went right between my legs and Kele took my leg right out from under me,I landed on my butt,gun up in the air!!! :D :D :D But I did manage some good shooting in 25 MPH +++ winds. Not one miss,not for the last two outing's,18 for 18 on Quail,1 for 1 on Chucker and 2 for 2 on Pheasant ;D I have to darn many in my Game Freezer now so I gave it to my New little Girl friend Lopita...Hot Hot Hot,all of about 22 or so,maybe a little younger, It was my 44th Birthday today and she remembered from the last time she was flirting with me,I told her I'd see her on my Birthday next week,First thing out of her mouth,Her Boss gave me the OK to go for it,I just got to deal with her Dad now,You know how those old school Mexicans are,She's educated,speak perfect English,Pop's not so good,Good thing I can speak his language ;D I don't have Kid's so it won't bother me ;D

He's a little tired,He got a good work out today ;)

Greg

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Happy B-Day. Greg

·
Registered
451 Posts
Happy Birthday Greg, looks like a good day in the field. I'm plannin a day like that soon. I found a guy that has quite a few quail left over from training dogs and said he would sell me some. I figure I'll go buy enough to make a good covey and turn em out, let my dog have a reason to be tired. ;D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reminder of the fact I'm getting old Guys 8) OH thats right,I'm not getting older,Just wiser.

Charley,theres a way you can plant them in pairs and singles,Screw that covey nonsense,The wont covey up like wild birds,It's not what there breeding them for,Theres a thing called spinning,Grab the bird's and either hold there wings together or on those small birds,you just hold your hand around them find a nice place to plant the bird,then shake them around in a circular motion making them all dizzy and place them Quickly in the spot you want and get ,don't hang around or you'll flush them,Spread them out 20-30 yards and let your Dog work into the wind like normal and he'll pick up there sent,I have a Cheasy and he pointed two of them today,that I made him hold the point and kicked them up myself instead of letting him flush them,It's my way to teach him to hold his points till I'm ready,He put a point on a pheasant to day from where he scented him about 15-20 yards out,the dog put his head down and started sneaking up on him,and the bird at about 20 feet started moving and Kele went into a full sprint at him,putting him in the air,it was about fly or die,well I shot him so he died anyhow,but that was the best chance he had.
In the high wind conditions today there where only two of us that found all there birds and brought them all in,Most of these jerks have sad excuses for dogs or just have NO training ability 8) You got to spend the time with that dog,I'm also lucky because my dog teaches me new shiaat every time out,just a good line straight up,Hell look at him ;D

·
Administrator
13,913 Posts
Happy birthday! Thats a great group of quail you have there. :eek: Great training.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
;D Thanks Denniss,You should have seen Kele,I trimmed the butt off one of them and as he tried to hop and fly away from my dog,the bird went between my legs and Kele followed him and took my legs straight out from under me,It was to funny,a friend of mine that followed me to this club,Jim,we just call him smiley,the guy always looks like the cat that ate the Canary,Saw it from a hill about a 1/2 a mile away,He said he thought I did a header as all he could see is the top of me,well I did kind of,knowing I had a gun in my hands cocked and locked,I rolled in mid air and landed on my Butt :-[
No harm no foul,at least until I got back to the club house and Jim asked me why I did a header :-[
I thought I got threw it with no one seeing it,OH well,a little bruise on the butt and the Ego.
;D Greg

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Looks to me like someone else needs a pay raise..:) Kele (the dog) you need to join the local hunting dog union..;) Looks like ya both had a good time and that's all good in my books. Just hope my little quail/pheasant/dove bird dog is half as good at fetching them birds as kele is..

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Didn't even phase him,He went threw me like a knife threw Butter,I could feel him behind me with the bird's featherers tickling my ears,just to add insult to injury,I thought my hip might be soar this morning,but if I knew I was going to feel this Good,I'd have been back out today,We may go out as a handler on Sunday for a JR. Hunt.:D :D
Ha-HAHAHA......Rich,Make sure you are even with me bow hunting,I told you,order yourself a light,and give me my B-day present????,So much for that dozen Maximums forward weighted arrows I was going to get you with my Lakeview cash before Deer season :p :p :p :-*You just don't want me to have a good light,you all ready can't handle the Competition,8 Days in a row,over 300 arrows slung baby,Tipped with mechanicals,I've shot the 31 inches I kneed to check out those Magnus Tips today,and don't even need to adjust the sights,I've got there number,I'll be out there after lunch,What was that last lesson I was supposed to work on,I forgot,PM it to me,I've whooped all the others,Sitting is no problem, I am going to get the range finder and PM me the GPS unit you have so I don't have to go threw the book,becides I like that one,all though I think it will screw me up because I'm guessing just fine form every where,Oh thats right,I got to get on the roof,Hope Kele breaks my fall,aaa I can make it to the pool.
Greg

G

·
Don't count on me giving up my light buddy :p Ill take every edge I can ;D Hey after shooting from the roof. By the way don't fall off you already fell down once this week. Try taking your front sights off and go instinct shooting. You never know, someday you might break the pins on the front sight some day crashing through the woods and I gurantee when that happens youll see your dream deer, pig or what ever come right in shooting range. Trust me it happens sometimes. Or your future sight light will not turn on damn batteries and the light will be failing and well you get the idea. Now go out and conqur the art of instinct shooting.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some friend,I got a better B-day present from my soon to be Ex-wife :D Your in a shiaat load of trouble light or No Light,I shot my Magnus Turkey Tips today,and after figuring out what they was trying to tell me on the instructions,I hit 5 for 5 neck shots at 20 yards,There weird,but over 8 shot's and I had it down in three,and didn't break a blade,I didn't have to shoot into no blanket either,I shot into my target,the only down fall is it eats the crap out of your target,just like it will do to them turkeys ;D I all ready put on the replacement blades it came with and am ready to go,all though I got to tell you,they where sharp enough to shave with still,well maybe not Craig's back,but they was still good and sharp,I just put the new blades on there 'cause it came with them ;D and that back arm wasn't high,If I even lowered it a smidgen my arrows where way high,I like it just the way it is now,I got it all dialed in to the new Maximus forward weighted arrows ;D Straight in and harder hitting,was out to 35 yards today and hitting Dimes ;D
Greg

Reactions: Bird (this time)
1 - 11 of 11 Posts