Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched " Where the red fern grows" I have not seen this movie in a long time,I forgot most of the parts to the movie. Ordered a dvd of "Old Yellow" off of E-Bay yesterday. They don,t make movies like they did in the past,another good movie I want to see soon is "Deer Hunter"

·
Registered
840 Posts
"Where the Red Fern Grows" and "Old Yeller" are definitely on my favorites list. I also like "Swiss Family Robinson" and I'm a James Dean fan. My favorite movie is "Rebel Without a Cause". I know it really isn't a classic, but I also like "I Dreamed of Africa".

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don,t remember "Swiss family Roberson" i,m going to look it up tho,you remember the movie,
"Running man" story about a hunter in Africa being chased by a group of African tribe members for his life? I want to order this one.

Theres a movie that has totally disapeared from the face of this planet , "Journey to the center of the moon" I have looked for hours trying to find this movie online and it,s nowhere to be found,I watched the movie on tv back in the late 60,s when I was around 8 or 10 years old.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Those are classic greats~ Where the red fern grows & Old Yeller.
Swiss family robinson was good to.
My side of the mountain is another good one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My favorite show of all times is "Jeremiah Johnson" would have been neat living in the mountains trapping Beaver and shooting Elk and Deer. Wouldnt be much fun worring about loosing your scalp all the time to indians. If I ever hit the lottery thats what i,m going to do,move to Maine and buy 10,000 acres,have a two story log home built and hunt Deer,Moose,and Elk,mabey show up at town once a month to buy supplies,mainly beer and bullets..

·
Registered
840 Posts
I also like the "Wilderness Family" movies.

...buy 10,000 acres,have a two story log home built and hunt Deer,Moose,and Elk,mabey show up at town once a month to buy supplies
Sounds good to me!

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
I like most all the old west movies. The duke rocks.
Lots of good books became moves as well. I enjoy the books as well.

Oh ya can't forget about Summer of the Monkeys.

But a couple books I loved as a kid was "My side of the Mountain" and "Our Side of the Mountain". Great pics of edible plants and flowers in the book and how to find identify them. I been trying to get my daughter to read them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like all Clint Eastwood movies,but I agree,"Outlaw Josey Walls" was a dam good movie ;)

·
Registered
840 Posts
I know this is going to get me in trouble here, but I never could get into Clint Eastwood. I love "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly", and the Philo Beddo (?) movies, but that's it.

Now Marian Morrison (John Wayne ;) ) is a different story. Especially "Hatari", "The Sons of Katie Elder", "The Cowboys", and "Rooster Cogburn".

·
Registered
231 Posts
Jerimiah Johnson inspired me to start hunting when I was a kid. I wish I could just disapear into the mountains like that. I'd have to take my wife and daughter of coarse,, and my dog. Can't forget my dog ;D Pretty much all the Eastwood flicks are great too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts