Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about shooting some dove this year, just wondering if anyone has limited out on Clay Pigeons yet? I sure need to shoot some myself.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dunno, if I could hit one I could tell ya!! :D

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
The last 4 weekends my buddy and I have gone to Silverleaf Shotgun Sports Complex at Guthrie, plus we shoot clays at his house that has 40 acres on the days we aren't there. I used to shoot trap a lot, but that seemed to hinder my bird shooting, as every shot is quartering away. I know how to do that shot now, but in the real life when birds are going every where from the front to the back and either side, speeds of the bird are different, and the ranges are different, it presents a different set of rules.
The Sporting Clay Range closely mimics the field conditions of bird hunting. It imitates ducks coming into the decoys, grouse on the rise, Quail on the rise, and so on. Each time We have been there, the range changes so that its never the same. At this range your given a device that plugs into each stand. When you shoot, it records the number of shots, so when you get back to the club house they know how to charge you. You get a score card like in golf that lets you know how bad you are.:D I guess I'm into self humilliation, so I keep going back:D I don't know where they get the stats, but
I guess thats why Sporting Clays is the fastest growing sport in America. I was humbled the first time getting no more than 45 percent. :mad: As I found out later even the best Pro's get 80 percent or so. Very few of the pro's get over that total.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Sporting Clays is far more fun then Trap & Skeet.
Like ,Dennis said you never know what you will shoot @ next.

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
This weekend we are going to try the five stand as well. I'm told its pretty difficult as well. Oh well, just another way to embarass myself. ::)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts