Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Might as well get a first post out of the way.

I'm in a similar boat as the oiginal poster. Looking for a lease. Obviously to late this year to get a deal on one. I have worked the Mrs over to agree that something can be done in 2011. So once the hunting seasons have died down some I'll get at it hard to find a lease. If I don't find anything acceptable or reasonably priced I have decided to Join the OKC Sportsman's Club.

Can't afford to do it now. The initial investment can't happen. I just spent major $$ on a new rifle setup. But well worth it. This year I'll beg for a day or two here and there. Next year I won't have that problem.

I think I talked to Marvin the other night on the phone regarding the amount of bow hunters in the Club.

The main thing that turns me on about the Sportsman's Club is the different locations. Sitting on one lease is great. But the ability to have at you hands multiple locations is worth it for me.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Might as well get a first post out of the way.

I'm in a similar boat as the oiginal poster. Looking for a lease. Obviously to late this year to get a deal on one. I have worked the Mrs over to agree that something can be done in 2011. So once the hunting seasons have died down some I'll get at it hard to find a lease. If I don't find anything acceptable or reasonably priced I have decided to Join the OKC Sportsman's Club.

Can't afford to do it now. The initial investment can't happen. I just spent major $$ on a new rifle setup. But well worth it. This year I'll beg for a day or two here and there. Next year I won't have that problem.

I think I talked to Marvin the other night on the phone regarding the amount of bow hunters in the Club.

The main thing that turns me on about the Sportsman's Club is the different locations. Sitting on one lease is great. But the ability to have at you hands multiple locations is worth it for me.
Danb, welcome to Oklahoma forum!
I hope you stay around and give us some good hunting stories. ;D

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Welcome as well

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks. My buddy in Dallas says I'm screwed if I stay on this sight. I have the fever bad enough as it is.

But to keep this on topic and not jack the tread anymore than it already is. For those that are leasing. What are you paying and what are you getting for your money?

Ideally I'd prefer to just do what my dad and I used to do in Duncan. Hunt land we had permission for. Can't count the number of fields we walked for quail or tree lines to winter wheat fieds we setup on and didn't pay a dime.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Thanks. My buddy in Dallas says I'm screwed if I stay on this sight. I have the fever bad enough as it is.

But to keep this on topic and not jack the tread anymore than it already is. For those that are leasing. What are you paying and what are you getting for your money?

Ideally I'd prefer to just do what my dad and I used to do in Duncan. Hunt land we had permission for. Can't count the number of fields we walked for quail or tree lines to winter wheat fieds we setup on and didn't pay a dime.

You may end up with a couple screws loose but in the your you will be much better off.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Go to the wildlifedepartment.com and check out the interactive map. It will list all of the WMA's and other public hunting areas. They really take care of the folks in the SE with Hanobia, etc. ;D

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
I'll be 30 next April. I'm just hoping to be able to drop my first deer before then.

Cool that means I'm not the youngbuck of the forum and I'm 32.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a guaranty from my friend in Dallas. If I don't have meat in the freezer by Dec 1. He will take me to his lease in Colorado City, TX for a doe or spike. Lease rule, nonpaying guests can't shoot bucks.

I told him it was a deal.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
I have a guaranty from my friend in Dallas. If I don't have meat in the freezer by Dec 1. He will take me to his lease in Colorado City, TX for a doe or spike. Lease rule, nonpaying guests can't shoot bucks.

I told him it was a deal.

Nothing wrong with a doe or spike. 4 of my last 5 deer have been does. The 5th was a buton buck. Meat is meat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.